Bama gave lsu one of those u should have gotten a big switch ass whuppin's

How can LSU football history be better than what Bobby Bowden did there? Are you kidding? I am not going back to the all white SEC days. But when I was at SU in the 80s. LSU was just average. While FSU had become a power. LSU has never had a run like FSU had. At one point didn't Bowden not lose on New Years? Bill Arnsparger bought some respectability to LSU. But LSU had so many bad hires during the same time FSU became a household name and flooded the NFL with talent
Nah man. You don't become on of the best coaches of all time by being at a program less than LSU. Sorry we can agree to disagree. Having Billy Canon don't count. Lol

"Wide left" In the 70s and 80s Bama looked on playing FSU like a modern day FCS squad. While playing in Death Valley was dreaded. Come on man you said historically, not modern history. Bowden had the reputation of not winning the big game.

During the Bobby Bowden era. Both FSU/LSU won two national titles. During that same period of time lsu record was 253-146-7 with eight coaching changes.

Bobby Bowden record was 304-97-4 while going 40-29 against the sec and 7-1 against lsu.

Hmmm, If Miles is fired, someone that knows what they're doing is going to come in and look like a hero........LSU has virtually everything coming back and Alabama and OM is losing a ton.......Couple that with Prescott leaving State and 2015 is LSU's in a romp......

If it was me, I'd give Les one more year..........but it doesn't look good for him from what I am hearing.......After the Texas A&M game is judgment day...

Hmmm, If Miles is fired, someone that knows what they're doing is going to come in and look like a hero........LSU has virtually everything coming back and Alabama and OM is losing a ton.......Couple that with Prescott leaving State and 2015 is LSU's in a romp......

If it was me, I'd give Les one more year..........but it doesn't look good for him from what I am hearing.......After the Texas A&M game is judgment day...

Sometimes when you rolled the dices, you come up with snake eyes.

They want Jimbo back after over looking him all these years.

They might make him replace the OC, DC(defense has been kind of ???? too), and ST coaches. Also, Alabama may lose a ton, but don't they always seem to have more players ready to step up?

Reactions: J C
Tennessee's chance was this year while Jim McElwain was in his first season at Florida. Now Florida will be even more experienced and have more depth on the OL and Will Grier will be eligible to play next year too. I believe Florida has beaten Tennessee 11 seasons straight. lol

LOL.. 10 Straight but Still.. Hold your horses. You will see. Tennessee is coming..

number1: "Alabama may lose a ton, but don't they always seem to have more players ready to step up"

I agree 100% . . . and for those of you who don't follow Alabama closely like I do, I want you to remember the name Bo Scarbrough . . . someone in another thread mentioned his name before. He's the next great Bama running back. Standing 6'2" tall, and weighing in at 240 lbs. Just about the same as Derrick Henry (6'3" and 240 lbs.) but more cut than Henry, and more mobile . . .

For Bama it will be the next 4 or 5 star up....Bama only returned 2 starters on offense this year and 5 starters on defense...

number1: "Alabama may lose a ton, but don't they always seem to have more players ready to step up"

I agree 100% . . . and for those of you who don't follow Alabama closely like I do, I want you to remember the name Bo Scarbrough . . . someone in another thread mentioned his name before. He's the next great Bama running back. Standing 6'2" tall, and weighing in at 240 lbs. Just about the same as Derrick Henry (6'3" and 240 lbs.) but more cut than Henry, and more mobile . . .

You are correct! Also, we should have signed Bo's cousin, he is the starting tightend for Florida. The sleeper is a 5 "9" 160 pound guy named Xavian Marks, Alabama, Running Back.

Word is whoever they are after all but confirmed it's a done deal. Personally I think the AD should have given Les an ultimatum in private. Modernize the offense or 2016 will be your last season. If TCU can do it, if Bama can do it, if Baylor can do it, LSU can with the horses they have on offense. It's no excuse to have all of that talent and run the 1942 University of Michigan playbook.

They might make him replace the OC, DC(defense has been kind of ???? too), and ST coaches. Also, Alabama may lose a ton, but don't they always seem to have more players ready to step up?

The ST coach sucks and the DC deserves a pass because LSU lacks depth at LB and DL due to all of the players that left during the spring. That's why the majority of their recruiting class is DT's, DE's, and LB's.

Word is whoever they are after all but confirmed it's a done deal. Personally I think the AD should have given Les an ultimatum in private. Modernize the offense or 2016 will be your last season. If TCU can do it, if Bama can do it, if Baylor can do it, LSU can with the horses they have on offense. It's no excuse to have all of that talent and run the 1942 University of Michigan playbook.

Man you know that AD ain't running nothing. Lol...

"Wide left" In the 70s and 80s Bama looked on playing FSU like a modern day FCS squad. While playing in Death Valley was dreaded. Come on man you said historically, not modern history. Bowden had the reputation of not winning the big game.

Dude, you are talking ALABAMA. Not LSU. LSU football HISTORY is not on the same level as FSU. Bobby Bowden himself is GREATER than LSU football history. LOL. How many Heisman trophy winners have LSU had vs Florida State? How many times have FSU played for the title and how many times have they finished in the top 5, top 10? How many consecutive 10 win seasons? Didn't Bobby break a record? Bobby was 3-2 in National title games

Even LSU WHITE boy SEC history aint that great. Sheesh. There were a lot of stadiums that were dreaded. For LSU it was because of the unruly and rowdy fans at LSU. Not because their teams were that good. Hell Dale Brown had LSU basketball performing better than their Football program.

LSU is a JOHNNY COME LATELY to the party. Now where they Vandy or some bottom feeder program. No they were not. But let's not act like they were a National Power like Florida State was and still is. Heck it took LSU 16 years to win a SEC title from 1970. Arnsparger won in 86. I was on the yard at SU then. Bobby Bowden already had Florida State as a household name. From 77-2000, Florida State least amount of wins was one year at 7 in 84. BTW, they owned LSU during that time.
During the Bobby Bowden era. Both FSU/LSU won two national titles. During that same period of time lsu record was 253-146-7 with eight coaching changes.

Bobby Bowden record was 304-97-4 while going 40-29 against the sec and 7-1 against lsu.

Nah Blue. Can't be. LSU been a power forever. LOL. Florida State's program ain't on their level and LSU is a better job. Jimbo would be foolish to not want to leave little ole FSU and their little ole history to come to the Juggernaut of SEC football. Didn't you know LSU history is damn near on par with Bama? LOL.

Speaking of TCU. Would LSU go after Gary Patterson? Somebody like Pat Fitzgerald who gets the most of of Northwestern?

Jimbo Fisher is not coming I don't believe. But if he do. I don't think he is that much better than Les. Offensively maybe. But as a Head Coach.

The ST coach sucks and the DC deserves a pass because LSU lacks depth at LB and DL due to all of the players that left during the spring. That's why the majority of their recruiting class is DT's, DE's, and LB's.

A lot of folks think the DC is garbage. Finebaum was saying Steele is overrated.

Speaking of TCU. Would LSU go after Gary Patterson? Somebody like Pat Fitzgerald who gets the most of of Northwestern?

Jimbo Fisher is not coming I don't believe. But if he do. I don't think he is that much better than Les. Offensively maybe. But as a Head Coach.

I don't believe that Patterson wants to leave but in my opinion he would probably be the best choice because he does more with less. Not to mention he's a defensive mastermind that has finally stepped into the modern times with his offense. Honestly I believe that he could be the darkhorse. From what I'm hearing the replacement is pretty much on board and confirmed so I wouldn't be surprised if he is the person given the way TCU's season is going now. If he keeps Ed Orgeron and maybe promote him to DC. Maaaaaaannnnn they would be scary to deal with.

Back