Audit finds problems at ASU such as unapproved stadium cost overruns

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
A state audit of Alabama State University has found a plethora of problems, ranging from trustees who were limited to $75 in-state expenses running up more than $6,600 in room charges at a Birmingham hotel during the Magic City Classic to approving more than $6.5 million in cost overruns for stadium construction without getting approval

Lack of institutional control. I really believe that Bama State doesn't care. Problem after problem, headline after headline and nobody seems to want to step up.

Is the MEAC as consistent with its mess as the SWAC is?....smh

"Guideeee The SWAC, O Great Jehovah
Pilgrim through this barren landddddd"

sting,
What are you guys going to do about your trustees. It seems like they are the root of all of your problems.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I wonder if any of these trustee members ever fear of going to jail.

Honestly, IMO it's probably a cultural of corruption that extends throughout the State government in Alabama and once a person get to the level of serving on ASU's trustee board, they do not think the amount of money that they mishandle is no big deal. This reminds me of Louisiana's former Insurance Commissioner Robert Woodley who thought it was okay for him to buy any luxury vehicle he wanted every year with his State vehicle allowance. In his mind, the purchase of those luxury vehicles were no big deal to him.

http://archive.shreveporttimes.com/...03/503230308/Luxury-pickup-ill-advised-choice

6.5 million dollar overrun, that over 10% of the total project..... smh

To be honest, a 10% overrun is a lot, but it is not uncommon on large projects. I believe 20% is the threshold most States uses before they start to question the excessive cost overrun of a project. In most cases, project budgets are built with a 10% to 15% contingency for unexpected cost additions. As for the ASU's stadium overrun, the real question should have been, were those overruns necessary to complete the project or were they just a means of helping someone to make more money?

Back