Are There Any Soccer(Football) Fans Here?

wahines

1_gsufan
I want to know if there are any Soccer Fans here other than myself? My son and I watch Soccer everyday. Our Favorite Team is Arsenal and our favorite Players are Thierry Henry, Rolandinho, Samuel Eto', Rolando. We love watching the English Premier League, the Spanish League and the Italian League. If you guys want to learn about a real Classy Soccer Player and Professional Athlete. Read the Book on The Biography Of Thierry Henry, The Amazing Life Of the Greatest Footballer On Earth? Sports would be fun to watch if other Athletes were as classy as Henry.

We do watch the MLS and my son loves Eddie Johnson, Freddie Adu, Landon Donvhon, Taylor Twellman, Clint Dempsey.

I just want to know if there any Soccer Fans on SWACPage other than myself? :bowdown:

Yes. Football (Soccer) is a very beautiful sport to watch --- especially when played at the highest level. Most of us Americans can't "get into it" because we are too accustomed to instant gratification and lots of scoring in sports.

My daughters play in a local league and enjoy the game. Personally, I looking forward to the World Cup this summer. Probably the closet thing to a purely "world" championship in team sports.

MUNFORD I feel you on that. My son plays for a Soccer Club here in Richmond, VA and he loves it. My son plays in the fall, winter Soccer Leagues and in the Spring.Football(Soccer) is his first love. He loves Thierry Henry of Arsenal and tries to pattern his game after him. I wish people would embrace Football(Soccer) here in America. I wish our brothers would learn about Thierry Henry who has class and is not like some of the classless athletes here in America.

We are waiting for the World Cup to start next month. We will be taping the matches and you are right, it is the closest thing to a real World Championship. We are African-Americans and we love Football(Soccer). :tup: :tup: :tup:

I understand you guys and your love for soccer....and I see that part of your love comes from the involvement of your children. Did either of you care before your children became invloved?

But I tried to watch soccer(just like I tried to watch the WNBA), to see what the thrill was......and i just don't get the worldwide appeal of this game. The game is long, slow, boring, and no scoring! I just don't see how you can play in that much space with the net being as large as it is, and no one can score! I grew up playing football, baseball, and basketball....in that order. And those are my favorite sports, in that order.

Sorry Soccer.

Back