Alpha Phi Alpha Pledge Dies...Did he drink bleach or sewage?

The Founder

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-man-21-dies-hazing-incident-article-1.2538185

“It’s different stories,” Greene said. “I heard that the rumor on campus was that he was given bleach to drink. We have heard nothing concrete as yet.”

--------------

Some folks are saying sewage....the article says bleach. This is not a thread to bash APhiA at all. I have a strong feeling that sooner or later there will be no more undergrad chapters or it will be so difficult that no one will want to go through the process.

Your thoughts....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-man-21-dies-hazing-incident-article-1.2538185

“It’s different stories,” Greene said. “I heard that the rumor on campus was that he was given bleach to drink. We have heard nothing concrete as yet.”

--------------

Some folks are saying sewage....the article says bleach. This is not a thread to bash APhiA at all. I have a strong feeling that sooner or later there will be no more undergrad chapters or it will be so difficult that no one will want to go through the process.

Your thoughts....

Its trending that way and stories like this won't help the cause as far as keeping them on campus. Won't be immediate but if you told me in 10-20 years I wouldn't be shocked if that were the case

I've never understood folks who just have to belong at all cost. Ignorance at its best.

Last edited:
A damn shame. My prayers go out to this young man's family. Hopefully, the justice system will be brief with those involved. These young kids will learn one of these days.

I've never understood folks who just have to belong at all cost. Ignorance at its best.

When you lock people in a cage, they get wild and irrational. Most people against pledging have NO clue what it's about. They think its about beating somebody. The problem now is that the gap between those who know how to pledge and those who don't is so large, that now you get deaths. You didn't have that even when it was legal. Pleading now is ignorant because the people doing it are clueless and have NO guidance.

When you lock people in a cage, they get wild and irrational. Most people against pledging have NO clue what it's about. They think its about beating somebody. The problem now is that the gap between those who know how to pledge and those who don't is so large, that now you get deaths. You didn't have that even when it was legal. Pleading now is ignorant because the people doing it are clueless and have NO guidance.
There were deaths when pledging was legal.

There were deaths when pledging was legal.

Then I stand corrected but I know a lot of old Kappas and none of them have ever told me a story of one. Maybe I have not met the right one. Also, with the Masons, you don't hear this stuff and NO ONE is regulating them and they do what they want. Even the rate of this with white frats is FAR less than ours and they do stuff in the open...

..and im not saying any of this to say that I want people beaten.. lol

Im just saying, if you do something.. ANYTHING, it should be done right or not at all.

Then I stand corrected but I know a lot of old Kappas and none of them have ever told me a story of one. Maybe I have not met the right one. Also, with the Masons, you don't hear this stuff and NO ONE is regulating them and they do what they want. Even the rate of this with white frats is FAR less than ours and they do stuff in the open...
There are WAY more white frat deaths than black.

Back