Alcorn State vs. Grambling: 2013 Circle City Classic Football Game Payouts Revealed

Re: Alcorn State vs. Grambling: 2013 Circle City Classic Football Game Payouts Reveal

No KIDDING. :lecture:

JSU fans was not being fickled. People in Jackson just didn't like MOBILE. That weekend, everyday JSU peeps outside of the hardcore, no matter what alums, would not even plan to go to Mobile.

Last time I went to Mobile, we road around about 2 hours being shuffled from the liquor store, to the package store, to the bottle store trying to find something to drink after the game. Each one closed at a later time. After so long, I gave up and went back to the hotel room and finished off my stash, looking at a beached battleship the rest of the night. :lol:
LOL @ "beached battleship"

Re: Alcorn State vs. Grambling: 2013 Circle City Classic Football Game Payouts Reveal

At the End of the Day, when they Travel the Bands, teams, and everything else to Indy neither team will come much, maybe 100k.. Im Sure Alcorn could have cleared 100k in Lorman... But we are talking two country Schools thats trying to get to the Big City
LOL @ "2 country schools"

If the Circle City Classic wanted us to move our home game against Grambling to Indianapolis, they should have ponied up the money! We should be getting more than Grambling considering it was our home game. If the Circle City Classic orgainzers didn't like paying us more money for moving our home game, then tough sh*t!!!

We got pimped on this. Somebody at Alcorn has some serious explaining to do.

Yeah that is a trip. Basically to me looking from the outside, that the Circle City Classic wanted Grambling to come up to Indy but yall were slated to play Alcorn on the day of the Classic. So basically your administration went to Alcorn along with the CCC folks and got them to move their home game to Indy. Even though JRock is being funny. He is right that the Classic must have wanted Grambling more so than Alcorn and since they did, they paid the ICON (Thanks GSUPE) more money to get them do convince ole Alcorn to move their home game.

If it was me at Alcorn and they were trying this, I would have told the Circle City Classic AND Grambling "SCREW YALL! BRING YA AZZES TO ALCORN!!!" How in the hell do you sign off on this mess?!?!

I surely hope they say they didn't know Grambling was getting more and go back to the Circle City Classic folks and demand more money or threaten to pull out. This is a travesty.

Grambling refuses to play Alcorn in Lorman lol

Y'all stop being Politically correct :lol: . Y'all know damn well why the difference in pay.

PC our but............. :goof:

This is a simple matter of ALCORN reps looking at that contract and saying WTF are you trying to pull before signing on. I know exposure was one of the reasons but don't screw yourself for 48 hours of people knowing who you are. :lol:

I already know why Grambling is getting paid more than Alcorn. See originally they wanted SU to play Gram there but SU declined because they didn't need the money. Remember whatever moves your schools are making Southern did it first :emlaugh:

If it was me at Alcorn and they were trying this, I would have told the Circle City Classic AND Grambling "SCREW YALL! BRING YA AZZES TO ALCORN!!!" How in the hell do you sign off on this mess?!?!

I surely hope they say they didn't know Grambling was getting more and go back to the Circle City Classic folks and demand more money or threaten to pull out. This is a travesty.

Of course they didn't know Gram was getting more when they agreed to the terms. The CCC officials probably made sure of that.

Folks Are Going To Listen To Me One Day. I saw this coming from a mile away. But I'm in the "Outside" Alcornite Crew.

But like I said...I Know Nothing. I'm am stupid and I just ramble on for no reason. Besides, you NEVER, NEVER, NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR give a home game. I was going to fly from the DMV for Homecoming AND the Grambling Game the very next week but oh well. Guess I'll just wait and fly down for the Classic (but with the plane tickets are now...may not fly down at all).

But weren't you part of the crew calling me crazy a while back? The Lord Has A Way and Showing The Truth..Doesn't He?

I have said This...and said this...and said this...and I am about to say it again:

CLOWN BROWN II at ALCORN and MEYERS at JSU had no Previous Ties to EITHER University when they became Presidents. When those old Ole Miss Alumni want something, BROWN II AND MEYERS will fold. We are at the mercy of Ole Miss in our state. When Ole Miss Athletics is rising, it means a falling for SWAC Athletics within the State.

These are dark days for SWAC Schools in Mississippi. BROWN II must have been too busy "clowning" with Marcus Ward *hint* *hint*.

*asks to put in the straitjacket and begins hitting walls in the locked room like Sampson did in The Bible History Channel Special*.

pti....

And after that first of 3 times, JSU fans refused to travel down there. :lol:
It just was not worth our time and the money was funny. They would put the schedule out and every year MOBILE was on it, people around here would collectively .....GROAN. :lol:
man keep it real. Jsu fans came to Mobile way more than 3 times. What seemed to stop them from coming wasn't Mobile; it was Bell.

I already know why Grambling is getting paid more than Alcorn. See originally they wanted SU to play Gram there but SU declined because they didn't need the money. Remember whatever moves your schools are making Southern did it first :emlaugh:

Frat, do not like SU or something? Yall let Jrock and others mess with yall heads with the La vs Ms stuff. We all know why Gram got more. Name recognition. As much as we talk isht on here. They have the biggest name in the history of HBCU football. Period. End of discussion. As for SU. We have done a lot of stuff way before others did. Just a fact. We ain't going nowhere without it being financially rewarding. Even our last AD wouldn't have done this deal. LOL.

I just joke around like JROCK does. I can't joke now?

Frat, do not like SU or something? Yall let Jrock and others mess with yall heads with the La vs Ms stuff. We all know why Gram got more. Name recognition. As much as we talk isht on here. They have the biggest name in the history of HBCU football. Period. End of discussion. As for SU. We have done a lot of stuff way before others did. Just a fact. We ain't going nowhere without it being financially rewarding. Even our last AD wouldn't have done this deal. LOL.

Of course they didn't know Gram was getting more when they agreed to the terms. The CCC officials probably made sure of that.

In classics, everything is written out in the contracts. No way Alcorn didn't know how much GRAM was getting. If they didn't, they are some of the dumbest people on the planet when it comes to business contracts.

There is no way in hell JSU would play the SHC if Tennessee State was getting one dime more than JSU. They would have to bring that azz to Jackson every 2nd year or find someone else to play. :lol:

Last edited:

Folks Are Going To Listen To Me One Day. I saw this coming from a mile away. But I'm in the "Outside" Alcornite Crew.

But like I said...I Know Nothing. I'm am stupid and I just ramble on for no reason. Besides, you NEVER, NEVER, NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR give a home game. I was going to fly from the DMV for Homecoming AND the Grambling Game the very next week but oh well. Guess I'll just wait and fly down for the Classic (but with the plane tickets are now...may not fly down at all).
THERE HE BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao:

I have said This...and said this...and said this...and I am about to say it again:

CLOWN BROWN II at ALCORN and MEYERS at JSU had no Previous Ties to EITHER University when they became Presidents. When those old Ole Miss Alumni want something, BROWN II AND MEYERS will fold. We are at the mercy of Ole Miss in our state. When Ole Miss Athletics is rising, it means a falling for SWAC Athletics within the State.

These are dark days for SWAC Schools in Mississippi. BROWN II must have been too busy "clowning" with Marcus Ward *hint* *hint*.

Now this is a lie that won't go away.
Ole Miss don't run shat so stop using that crap as a excuse. :lol:

Ole Miss is the flagship University but what happens at other universities don't have shat to do with Ole Miss. Ole Miss could not even stop their board and the college board from zapping their beloved Col Reb and everything else they hot about up there. They can not even pick their own President just like every other University in Mississippi. It is picked for them by the COLLEGE BOARD. Now how they gonna force something on another school? Ya'll been watching way too much Mississippi burning and forgot its 2013. :lol:

Every college has it's own board and the state of Mississippi has ONE COLLEGE BOARD that oversees all colleges in Mississippi. Each D1 University has reps, and everybody else have reps. Some have no ties to Mississippi schools at all. Ole miss don't have the power or votes to force shat on no school in the state so stop that lie. The CURRENT PRESIDENT of the COLLEGE BOARD, BOB OWENS, is a JSU ALUM. :lol:

Mississippi College Board Members

Unlike other states, Mississippi don't have 20 boards running the college system that is dominated by one school. This is just Alcorn administration being the same Alcorn administration it has been for the last 6 years. INCOMPETENT and CLUELESS. :lol:

Last edited:

pti....

man keep it real. Jsu fans came to Mobile way more than 3 times. What seemed to stop them from coming wasn't Mobile; it was Bell.

I am keeping it real.
I said the hardcore and longtime ALUMS that roll no matter what go but NOBODY from Jackson like that trip to Mobile. That is why JSU stopped going. People complained too much. No smack but MOBILE is not a city that people wanted to go to.

Bottom line is people in Jackson would rather play ya'll in your hometown. Why take a game out of one city and move it to a even more boring city and label it a classic. :lol:

I am keeping it real.
I said the hardcore and longtime ALUMS that roll no matter what go but NOBODY from Jackson like that trip to Mobile. That is why JSU stopped going. People complained too much. No smack but MOBILE is not a city that people wanted to go to.
The game in Mobile was ASU's home game, so Jsu didn't make a decision to stop playing there. As for not liking Mobile, you're preaching to the choir, cause I know several ASU folks who didn't like Mobile (including many on here :lol: ), but I won't say that all ASU people disliked Mobile. I didn't like taking a home game away, but I didn't have a problem with Mobile itself. Plus, like JR posted, it was a real convenient excuse/reason to go to Biloxi.

Back