Alabama State baseball: Tempers flare after beaning incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if JSU gets into a lot of fights. Football, Baseball, Track! Thug U! :smh:

It is amazing how their fans accept this animal type behavior. Throwing balls at a players head is unaccepted at any higher learning institute in America accept this school. This is why the NCAA banned them. They saw the out of control behavior and voted to try to fix it, but unfortunately it is hard to control savaged beast.

Thanks for being honest about running.
:tup::tup:

ummm, we whooped yall arse there last year. Yall come to Montgomery this year. speaking of profanity filled comments from a coach that will get him fined and reprimanded
:retard:

...at the end of the day, you bball coach needs to learn ONE important thing. WE ARE JACKSON STATE UNIVERSITY. He needs to understand what that means in relation to Alabama State. You all chose to make some improvements 10 years ago but you are still 20 years behind JSU. Athletic programs don't develop overnight. He couldn't even beat us in Montgomery.

JSU players and fans ... and band... lol talk schitt. Deal with it or keep :bawling:. You ever seen that Inside the Game clip from the beginning of the 2010 JSU-AlaState game. Those jokers were scared from the start. We just didn't know the refs were paid off.

From Montgomery Advertiser:

"The taunting from the Jackson State dugout continued as Rodriguez was examined by ASU trainer Rachel Waddle and she later convinced Melendez to replace Rodriguez with catcher Richard Gonzalez, fearing Rodriguez’s jaw might have been broken by the pitch.

Unfortunately for Russell, he came to the plate as a batter in the eighth inning and Matthews promptly threw two consecutive pitches at his head, prompting an ejection by Bradley."

Back and forth bench jocking happens, and hitting or throwing at an opposing player is acceptable below the head. But you don't taunt a player who is injured, and you don't throw at people's heads. That's not part of the game of baseball. That's shows no class and you can get someone seriously hurt.
In the famous words of my boy, JR: "Shoulda ducked."

Jsu Weekend Pitching Rotation: "We Getting Ready!!!" :lol: :emlaugh:
Thugnificent.jpg

It is amazing how their fans accept this animal type behavior. Throwing balls at a players head is unaccepted at any higher learning institute in America accept this school. This is why the NCAA banned them. They saw the out of control behavior and voted to try to fix it, but unfortunately it is hard to control savaged beast.

Make up your mind... on one thread you say and I quote, ":tup: It is bull that they did this to JSU in the first place." and now you are saying something different. You hate JSU... stick to that story!

Where I disagree with Melendez is the SWAC does play real baseball. It has improved tremendously over the last decade. The conference is more competitive top to bottom then any other time before. An emphasis is being put into baseball by hiring young professional coaches, recruiting quality players, and upgrading facilities. Every organization has it's problems. Now Melendez knows what to expect when he plays JSU. I think Melendez has an idea of where he wants Alabama State baseball to go in the future. It will not happen over night, but he can be just as successful in the SWAC as he was in the MEAC at Bethune Cookman in just a few years. Not too long ago very successful high school coach by the name of Michael Robertson came to a dismal Prairie View program and turned it around with the same approach.
And his comments in the paper should get him suspended at least 1 game.

Remember, before the season started, Melendez said Grambling wasn't real competition and cancelled their series with them.

Would that be the same Grambling that kicked his azz in LA when he was coaching BCC at the MLB Urban Classic? :lol: :emlaugh:

Like I said in the baseball thread this had been boiling for some years dude said some cheap stuff to some of our kids. He started the whole mess in not one article has anyone seen a JSU player been said to come over to Alabama States bench. Its always jaw jacking out there. He has to get use to losing he showed out the game the lost to Alcorn early end the year. Yeah games at Braddy field is hostile is it supposed to be nice we have alumni and fans that are passionate about our program. All last week he talked about the team jelling and they coming together he really assumed we was going to lay down. Nothing was said or done in Jackson he's vocal he would have said it then. Game 2 Garcia couldnt control anything but fastballs nothing personal. Kid had a no hitter going til the 7th inning and had allowed 4 runs. The game was online so its video dude made up half of the things he said. We needed the game that would have clinched the division for us. That was a complete B***h move.

jsu2,
did you see the guy get hit in the jaw? Did the "jaw jacking" continue even while the trainers were tending to the injured player?

That comment about playing real baseball is B.S. . Dude has been making little remarks all season about teams in the conference. This ain't the Meac. No one is going to back down from him. He got a lot of azz lickings coming in this league.

jsu2,
did you see the guy get hit in the jaw? Did the "jaw jacking" continue even while the trainers were tending to the injured player?

Not one kid got hit in the Jaw, I know its your thing to play the antagonistic. It will all come out in the wash in the end

Not one kid got hit in the Jaw, I know its your thing to play the antagonistic.
ummm actually, I was asking you because I didn't watch the game and you say you did.

btw, it wasn't Melendez who said the kid got hit in the jaw and the taunting continued. It was the reporter.

carry on.....

ummm actually, I was asking you because I didn't watch the game and you say you did.

btw, it wasn't Melendez who said the kid got hit in the jaw and the taunting continued. It was the reporter.

carry on.....

No kid was hit in the Jaw but I know you like to sneak diss which is cool. Butt for dude to say that in the newspaper and we get kids out of Alabama looks cheap. If it wasnt Melendez who said it was bad reporting. Melendez been doing the same thing for years tantrums when he loses to other black school. Yelling out cuss words in Spanish the entire game but he doesnt need to go crying wolf now. Im sure the umpires will have a differnt story with all the things he said during the game yesterday.

O DAYUM! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

+ infinity

Animal Bama A&M student body attacked the Firemen on campus a few weeks ago.
Now that's animal activity. :smh:

Now about this crying coach in the Gump... :lol: welcome the SWAC
Take ya ass whoopin & move on to the next. Just try & beat us in the tourney.

Also after Saturdays game there was a article where Merlendez said the kids need to do what ever it took to win. Wonder if this was what he was speaking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back