alabama/ms basketball all star games tonight/ live link

major095

ASU4real
http://www.ahsaasports.com/basketball/ALMS-AllStar/

a couple of these guys will be in the swac next season. 6pm tip for girls, boys @ 8pm

rosters:

Alabama All-Star Roster - 2006

BOYS

Korielle Beavers
6-3
Saks
Charles Burkett
Anniston

Anthony Brown
6-7
Ramsay
Kelly Cheatham
Birmingham

Tauras Dorteh
6-3
Ramsay
Kelly Cheatham
Fairfield
Alabama-Birmingham

Tyler Hanback
6-4
Madison Academy
Danny Petty
Huntsville

Chris Hines
6-7
Hillcrest, Evergreen
Tommy Dukes
Evergreen

Phillip Johnson
6-3
R. C. Hatch
Homer Davis
Uniontown

Delrico Lane
5-10
John Carroll
Marty Smith
Birmingham

Asim McQueen *
6-7
Auburn
Frank Tolbert
Auburn

Curtis Nickson
6-9
Greene County
Rodney Wesley
Boligee
Alabama-Birmingham

Jamarr Sanders
6-3
Jeff Davis
Terry Posey
Montgomery

Jay-R Strowbridge
5-11
Sparkman
Luther Tiggs
Ardmore
Murray St. University

Justin Tubbs
6-2
Hewitt-Trussville
Bo Coln
Birmingham
University of Alabama

My lil cousin is playing tonight Victoria Hunt 5-8 G Franklin County . Will be interesting to see how does with these girls.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
There was a big Nike AAU tournament this weekend and major talent (from both states) didnt participate in this game... The best players for both of these states have not participated in this game for a minute... Alabama was without future Mr. Basketball and UCONN signee Stix from Huffman, and Xavier Keeling (Indiana signee) from Johnson.

I havent even heard of most of the ALabama signees and I keep up with high school basketball in the state... most of them havent even signed with a college.

I don't know about that CJ, because some of those cat on our team was the best in the state. That is y I said I didn't know if we were gonna win but there is definitely some good talent at guard. Hopefully James Green can recruit a couple.

both teams had some pretty good talent. chris hines is looking good, chris leggett from meridian ended up as mvp. the swac would do well to get as many of these kids as possible. I was surprised david booker participated but I believe he's fishing for a bigger offer. he has smu, northwestern and charlotte. he keeps dropping smaller schools and adding a bigger one. looking for the sec. mcqueen and sanders might end up at bama state.

Hey dahill,I figure with a name like tyler hanback he's probably white but aamu should try to get him. from what I can tell he's a good baller. if not I'm sure alcorn would love him. we're already trying to get that shooter from ny. you know the one that came off the bench and hit six 3pts and finished with 20 pts in 4 minutes. man, I can't wait till we get him on campus. he's gonna set the swac on fire!!! lol

major095 said:
Hey dahill,I figure with a name like tyler hanback he's probably white but aamu should try to get him. from what I can tell he's a good baller. if not I'm sure alcorn would love him. we're already trying to get that shooter from ny. you know the one that came off the bench and hit six 3pts and finished with 20 pts in 4 minutes. man, I can't wait till we get him on campus. he's gonna set the swac on fire!!! lol

Hanback is probably the best OVERALL talent in this area.... big schools just didnt go after him because he played for 3a Madison Academy (3a state champs).. He signed with UAH.

DAHILL said:
Hanback is probably the best OVERALL talent in this area.... big schools just didnt go after him because he played for 3a Madison Academy (3a state champs).. He signed with UAH.

AH, Better than Keeling?? What your evaluation of the 6'11" african on the Madison Academy team?

095, add Hines and Fitch to the Bama State wish list.

J C said:
AH, Better than Keeling?? What your evaluation of the 6'11" african on the Madison Academy team?

fundamentally ... hell yeah he is better than Keeling.... Keeling needs to establish a jump shot... Hanback can drive, dunk, shoot, all around player....
Bawa will be ready in 2 more years... this is his first year of organized basketball.... if you watch him play you can tell... He looks like a tall goofy kid playing.... If someone works with him this summer he should be aight.

Madison Academy ALMOST won the Huntsville Times tournament this year... they defeated Butler and Decatur (Butler was ranked #1 in 5a) (Decatur was ranekd in 6a).... and lost in the finals to Sparkman on a steal and layup with 2 seconds to play. MA was a very talented team who beat previously #1 Sumter Co by 25 in the championship game without its 2nd and 3rd best players (The Dogette brothers) who couldnt play do to Seventh Day Adventist faith. Now James Doggette CAN PLAY.... hes a 6'5 guard who has received calls from Georgetown, but will play for Oakwood College since he is going there to study to be a preacher like his dad.

J C said:

there is a lot of talent in the state just not a lot of size, mcqueen at auburn, cornelius hester @ shaw, sanders @ jd, pg for btw in tuskege had 8 triple doubles this season and raynaldo sturdivant is coming out of joco this year at shelton. he was 3a poy at sumter.

hey dahill, why would a&m let a kid like hanback w/ DI talent go to DII uah? I mean, if he's that good and wants to stay in town, the 1st place he should look is a&m. that's a problem, good players are good players regardless of color and a&m and the rest of the swac has got to find a way to get some of the kids who can play but aren't of african ancestory.

mississippi had a good bit of talent on display last night too. I expect to see some of them in the swac next year. off last years team sollie norwood signed w/ tx so.

guys from this game starting to give their commitments. david booker 6-7 forward, moss point to charlotte, kevin sims 5'9 pg forest hill to tulane.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back