Adu's all-around effort carries United

Like ya'll say about basketball players ..................He should be his young arse in highschool playing for his HIGHSCHOOL TEAM. :goof:

:D

staggalee83 said:
Like ya'll say about basketball players ..................He should be his young arse in highschool playing for his HIGHSCHOOL TEAM. :goof:

:D

Well, if you have or whenever you have a 15 year old son, I would like to see you put him at running back in the NFL. I'm sure you would rather he play for his HIGHSCHOOL TEAM :goof:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not the point. :winkgrin:

Ya'll harp about 17, 18, and 19 year olds trying to go into other sports, yet nobody has said 1 word about this kid having $1,000,000 contract from NIKE at 13 and a PRO SOCCOR CONTRACT AT 14. :shh:

Let another kid say he's going into the NBA or NFL, ya'll will have a stroke talking about how they need to be in college. :nod:

People on here know where I stand. Get an education, but if someone offers you the chance to make 15 million over 3 to 4 years, THEN YOU STUPID FOR TURNING DOWN THE CHANCE. :nod: :D

staggalee83 said:
People on here know whereI stand. Get an education, but if someone offers you the chance to make 15 million over 3 to 4 years, THEN YOU STUPID FOR TURNING DOWN THE CHANCE. :nod: :D

Oh I agree, take the money. But the NBA and NFL are different monsters. It is very hard for a 18 year old to make it in the NBA, the failure rate has got to be HIGH (look at K. Brown). Secondly, from a fan standpoint, does this 15 year old kid bring VALUE to the league that I'm a regular customer of? Well in the sport of soccer, YES. But football and basketball, NO. Most 18 year old kids don't bring much value to their team.

Look at the Chicago Bulls the other night. Down by 3 with seconds remaining and their young star shot a 2 with no TO remaining. That was nothing but pressure that made him make that bad decision. Could one of those good college programs for 2 or 3 years have help, maybe so.

Again, if teams and companies are willing to pay, then get PAID.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Just messing with ya'll. Just wanted to see what people had to say. :nod:

Da_Sperm said:
Oh I agree, take the money. But the NBA and NFL are different monsters. It is very hard for a 18 year old to make it in the NBA, the failure rate has got to be HIGH (look at K. Brown). Secondly, from a fan standpoint, does this 15 year old kid bring VALUE to the league that I'm a regular customer of? Well in the sport of soccer, YES. But football and basketball, NO. Most 18 year old kids don't bring much value to their team.

Look at the Chicago Bulls the other night. Down by 3 with seconds remaining and their young star shot a 2 with no TO remaining. That was nothing but pressure that made him make that bad decision. Could one of those good college programs for 2 or 3 years have help, maybe so.
There is a higher failure rate for the college guys.

Dude that was Kirk Heinrich that turned the ball over like that...4 years of college.

jag4life said:

Dude that was Kirk Heinrich that turned the ball over like that...4 years of college.

Yeah ol chokin Kirk Heinrich..from ol chockin' Kansas..Rock Chalk Jawhawk my arse :bump: :bump:

Adu IS the future of soccer in the United States...that's the reason why he got the deal and the big contract...Believe me Manchester United, Real Madrid and the other big-time European clubs would've paid him handsomely to ply his trade overseas....

I honestly doubt any of the HS kids drafted in the NBA ever had the hopes of an ENTIRE NATION hanging on their performance in a sport....

Adu is to American Soccer as Wayne Gretzky was to bringing American fans into liking hockey...

jag4life said:

I didn't say turnover, I said the SHOT that was taken after Chicago missed the 3 pointer and Chandlor got the rebound and shot and missed the 2 pointer with 3 or 4 seconds remaining. Even if he had made the shot they still would have been down by 1 with 1 second remaining.

Da_Sperm said:
I didn't say turnover, I said the SHOT that was taken after Chicago missed the 3 pointer and Chandlor got the rebound and shot and missed the 2 pointer with 3 or 4 seconds remaining.

Everyone misses shots...you can't expect every player to be Reggie Miller or Robert Horry in the clutch.

jag4life said:
Everyone misses shots...you can't expect every player to be Reggie Miller or Robert Horry in the clutch.

True, but why take a shot for 2 points when you are down by 3 with no timeouts remaining and 3 seconds left on the clock? If you are going to MISS, MISS a 3 pointer.

Da_Sperm said:
True, but why take a shot for 2 points when you are down by 3 with no timeouts remaining and 3 seconds left on the clock? If you are going to MISS, MISS a 3 pointer.
Chris Webber has made mistakes like that in college and in the pros...

so you are saying if Chandler had went to college for two years that he wouldnt have froze up??? Players freeze up every game in the NBA.

DAHILL said:
Chris Webber has made mistakes like that in college and in the pros...

so you are saying if Chandler had went to college for two years that he wouldnt have froze up??? Players freeze up every game in the NBA.

I didn't realize that Chris Webber called a timeout with his team having no more in the NBA. Chris Webber turned around the Sacremento Kings franchise and made them a contender in the West for a few years. Webber was one of the dominant power fowards in the game for years.

Don't compare Webber to no GD Tyson Chandler.

I am sure that his Mother will make sure that Adu goes to college. Remember now, his Mother made him turn down a contract from the English Premier Leauge when he was 11.

The U.S. is trying to get all out of him to promote the sport of Soccer before he goes to the English Premier Leauge.

Adu is tremendously talented. His skills are so far beyond those of his age group that it is hard to imagine him playing with kids his own age. If you could imagine Michael Jordan at 28 playing against 10 year olds, you have the right picture. There has never been skills separation of that magnitude in any of the Big 4 sports in North America.

The question is what to do when you have this situation. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with one any better than Adu going pro.

Back