Abandoned Morris Brown Stadium....

Honestly I can't believe they're still operating. Like 80% of that campus needs to be condemned and torn down.

Yes it is a sad situation, but it is a perfect example when a school doesn't meet its accreditation.

Unrelated: Was I the only one that jumped when ole dude suddenly appeared in the camera? lol

And St. Paul in Virginia. We are not going to realize how serious it is to maintain our accreditation until a well-known public HBCU is closed.

I couldn't remember St. Paul at the time but I knew it was in VA because one of the MEAC posters got it as a sig. And you are right. SCSU was close to being that school last year.

It saddens me to see MBC go down. MBC contributed to many great things in my childhood days.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2016/03/18/comeback-morris-brown-college-135-year-old-hbcu/

Rumors about the death of Morris Brown College were greatly exaggerated. Some naysayers had counted the college out, while others assumed the venerable, historically Black educational institution, which had fallen on hard times, was now defunct and laid to rest.

The Atlanta-based HBCU, a private, coeducational, liberal arts college, was founded in 1881 by the African Methodist Episcopal Church and named after its bishop, Morris Brown. It was established as “an educational institution in Atlanta for the moral, spiritual, and intellectual growth of Negro boys and girls.” And Morris Brown has a special place in history apart from some of its sister HBCU institutions as a financially independent Black college.

Why is another NFL football stadium being built in Atlanta when the old one looks nice? Seems like that would be a waste to the city. There will be two stadiums the city has to pay for.

Why is another NFL football stadium being built in Atlanta when the old one looks nice? Seems like that would be a waste to the city. There will be two stadiums the city has to pay for.

IMO, it was the tornado in 2008 that doomed the Georgia Dome. Atlanta realized that dome stadiums with teflon tops are not safe in high winds. The structure that supports the roof is not rigid enough to withstand winds in excess of 100 mph, which could cause the entire roof system to collapse. I wouldn't want to be in any building where the top structural sections are swaying a few feet back and forth.

Last edited:
I thought ya'll said a year or two ago they they had come out of bankruptcy? I told you then, I would believe it when I see it...

Why is another NFL football stadium being built in Atlanta when the old one looks nice?
Basically to have a new, shiny toy, with the latest gadgets. Don't buy that stuff from jag 89. That tornado from years ago has absolutely nothing to do with a new stadium being built.

TP,
MoBrown may have technically came out of bankruptcy, but it never really came back as a viable school. As bad as the stadium looks in that video, the rest of the buildings look the same or worse. A couple of months ago, there was a fire at one of those dorm towers over there. Homeless people had been living there. They are suppose to go ahead and demolish those dorms. And the other buildings over there need to go. It's sad what happened to Morris Brown.

LOL!!! I knew someone would come in here trying to defend the structural integrity of the Georgia Dome. It has a major design flaw, which is the structural integrity of the building was compromised when that tornado slammed into it. No fixed structure is designed to move/sway that much. Even buildings designed to withstand tectonic forces are not designed to sway that much. It's funny how the City of Atlanta and Arthur Blank was able to plan, design, and build a whole new stadium in less than 9 years. They were in a rush to get that shiny new stadium for some unknown reason. Also, the Georgia Dome will be torn down once they move into the new dome, so there wouldn't be two stadiums on the same site. I'm sure engineers don't want flying debris from the Georgia Dome to damage the new stadium if another tornado hits Atlanta. LOL!!!

Last edited:
Back