AAMU's baseball coach Wesley OUT!

Mr. SWAC

F*** THE LAKERS!!!!!!
Veteran Wesley out at A&M
Thursday, May 25, 2006
By REGGIE BENSON
Times Sports Staff reggieb@htimes.com

Longtime baseball coach's contract not renewed.

Alabama A&M baseball coach Thomas Wesley told The Times Wednesday that school officials recently informed him that his contract would not be renewed.

Wesley, who has spent the last 17 years coaching the Bulldogs, is coming off one of his worst seasons - 8-27-1 - and is leaving at the end of the month.

Wesley, interim athletic director Betty Austin and president Robert Jennings all refused to comment further, but sources said the school will field a team next season...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL. That was a quick reply. But I'm right along with you.

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

interim AD in place now, everything is in limbo so I would take my time to select the right coach....no use being hired by Austin if she's not going to take the job on a permament basis.

You might as well write off 2007 and focus on 2008...similar to what PV did.

Was it the coach or was it a lack of commitment from administration???

Y'all can have Salter.

Robber said:
Was it the coach or was it a lack of commitment from administration???.

It was both. Clearly, he was not given much resources, but his teams could have played better than they did. I saw them play several times this and past years, and the teams lacked fundamentals and strategy. I would have liked for him to have gotten some resources before his release, so we could know for sure if the teams played poorly because of the lack of support or lack of proper instruction.

Robber said:
Y'all can have Salter.

We don't take cast-offs. We hire new blood and give them time to establish dynasties.

Back