A Tribute to Joe "Jefferson Street" Gilliam Jr.

Rat Patrol

February 22nd and 23rd. Vanderbilt Loews Hotel in Nashville, TN.

A Tribute to Joe "Jefferson Street" Gilliam Jr.

Something for Joe: A number of current and former NFL players are set to honor the memory of ex-TSU quarterback Joe Gilliam Jr. at a two-day tribute next weekend.

Taking part in the festivities ? which will include an invitation-only reception Friday, a meet-and-greet Saturday in the Gaylord Entertainment Center and a dinner that night ? will be former Pittsburgh Steelers teammates Mel Blount, Joe Greene and Lynn Swann; former quarterbacks Marlin Briscoe, James Harris, Warren Moon and Doug Williams, and current signal-callers Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Tony Banks and Michael Vick.

''Joe was one of the most humble, gentle-spirited, modest men I ever met in my life,'' said Tee Foxx of Foxx Entertainment Group, the Atlanta based operation that is organizing the event.

''He was right there with Hank Aaron and Edwin Moses; he carried himself with the same type modesty. I wanted to tell his story, and he passed away before I was able to do so. This allows me to tell his story.''

Originally posted by Rat Patrol
Taking part in the festivities ? former quarterbacks Marlin Briscoe, James Harris, Warren Moon and Doug Williams, and current signal-callers Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Tony Banks and Michael Vick.

Wha! no Gilbert Renfroe????:D

Glad to see it happen for a man who was truly deserving. May he R.I.P.

"A Black History Tribute to Jefferson Street Joe..In Honor of Himself."

"A Black History Tribute to Jefferson Street Joe...In Honor of Himself."

joegilliam.jpg

Beneficiary; The Joe Gilliam Football Camp/Scholarship Fund

Event Venue; Loews Vanderbilt Plaza Hotel 2100 West End Ave Nashville TN 37203

Dates-Feb 22nd-23rd

Honorary Guest
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Greats Lynn Swann, Rocky Bleir, John Stallworth, Franco Harris & Joe Greene

QB's-Past & Present
Doug Wiliams
James Harris
Vince Evans
Marlin Brisco
Aaron Brooks
Michael Vick
Donovan McNabb
Jarious Jackson
Dameyune Craig
Tee Martin
Shaun King