A&M's Anthony Lanier signs with Washington Redskins

Normal1875

A&M #1
Redskins Add 14 Undrafted Free Agents
May 1, 2016 10:10 AMBy Bryan Frantz

WASHINGTON — The 2016 NFL Draft officially ended early Saturday evening, but that didn’t mean business stopped.

Immediately after the draft wraps up, general managers begin staking claim to undrafted free agents — players they can snag for a modest sum without using a draft pick. It’s an opportunity for teams to fill rosters and add competition in training camp without breaking the bank, and the best scouts in the business, such as Redskins GM Scot McCloughan, can find unheralded talent.

The Redskins, not surprisingly, were one of the most active teams immediately after the draft, adding 14 players, according to SB Nation. This list is not confirmed, nor is it believed to be 100 percent complete
Washington also signed tight end Michael Cooper (Indiana), linebacker Ejiro Ederaine (Fresno State), running back Travis Greene (Bowling Green), fullback Joe Kerridge (Michigan), defensive end Anthony Lanier (Alabama A&M) and long snapper Kelly Mason (Kentucky).

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/05/01/redskins-undrafted-free-agents/

Last edited:

Football | 5/2/2016 11:23:00 AM | aamu sports info

Lanier signs with Redskins as free agent

SAVANNAH, Ga. -- After receiving a phone call over the weekend, the news is finally hitting home with former Alabama A&M defensive end Anthony Lanier.

"I'm a football player ... a professional football player," he said from his home in Savannah. "Wow!"

Lanier agreed to a free-agent contract with Washington and will report Sunday for orientation with the team's other free agents and draft picks.

"I want to thank God for everything," he said. "And all the Alabama A&M fans for their support and rooting for me."

Lanier, a 6-6, 265-pounder, finished his career with 79 solo tackles and 85 assists for 164 total tackles. He had 43.5 tackles for loss and 12 sacks.

http://www.aamusports.com/news/2016...s-with-redskins-free-agent.aspx?path=football

Back