A&M does right by its coaches, but it needs more

MACHIAVELLI

Chairman/C.E.O.
Here's a Sunday brunch ... Terrific news that Alabama A&M is signing its coaches to new, long-term contracts. Anthony Jones, Vann Pettaway and Altherias Warmly are great assets.

Now it's time for A&M to get off its wallet and hire a sports information director and give him the resources he needs, and the encouragement to stay longer than a year. If you're good at A&M trivia, you can remember the names of the eight SIDs who have worked there in the past 10 seasons, including William Bright, who just resigned.

There are four people in A&M's Office of Information and Public Relations, whose job is to assure it "works diligently toward fostering a positive image for the University through the constant and consistent dissemination of information,'' according to its Web site.

Huntsville Times

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
AAMU must be doing something right, if they were hired by other agencies and got a pay raise. :lol:

When have you seen a coach refuse to sign a contract and quit. I don't know any who have said if you don't pay me I am leaving? All you SWCkers would probably say Goodby. :)

Back