6' tall 9 year old...

DaGSUMan

Real GSU Man
?Kind of a blow-out?
http://www.nuvo.net/archive/2006/04/05/ten_under_10.html
Tom Splendor, 9
Greenwood
cov_basketball.jpg

We?ve been focusing on kids whose brainpower has led them to positions of leadership, but we don?t want to neglect the body! It?s important, too! So, picking Tom Splendor was a no-brainer, so to speak, because at the tender age of 9, he is already being recruited by college basketball scouts.

Tom Splendor, whose prowess at the round-ball was recognized early on, is the product of two super-athlete parents. His mom, Roni, played basketball for Duke and was headed for the pros before a knee injury ruined her career. Tom?s dad, Mick, played professional tennis, once battling Bjorn Borg to the fifth set.

?Pretty quickly,? recalls mom Roni, ?we saw that basketball was going to be his main game.?

?Pretty quickly YOU saw that,? counters Mick, smiling.

Already almost 6 feet tall, Tom Splendor plays hoops for his elementary school, once scoring 212 points for his team who eventually won the game, 216-8.
?It was kind of a blow-out,? Tom admits shyly, adding that he ?sat out the last five minutes. I probably could have hit 300.?

That was the game that put him on the national map for future NBA players; each subsequent game has been attended by numerous scouts.

?Once, Isaiah Thomas came and watched me,? Tom says, clearly humbled. ?And Larry Bird has seen me twice.?

Tom?s regimen starts early from basketball practice before school, to more practice after. In the evening, he receives private tutoring from coaches and even former NBA players.

?We don?t want to namedrop,? Roni says, ?but Dennis Rodman was here in the summer for two months.?

?Only because he had nowhere else to go,? counters Mick, smiling.
?I?m not turning pro right out of high school,? Tom maintains. ?I want to get a good college education.?

?Sure you do, honey,? Roni says, smiling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's obvious that the pic above is a fake. I doubt that this story is even real.

:uhoh:

I don't know for sure but that height is prolly as real as it gets. I know a kid in <b>Houston</b> who's 6'2" and 275lbs. :read: His dad is 6'7" (avid former well known H-town bball player) and his mom is only ~ 5'7".

Currently, he's a big boy. Already has offers from several corps (yes, I said company reps) who WANT to cake him, I mean, sponsor :rolleyes: him through his athletic endeavors.

Can't tell his mom/dad what to do w/ him. But I know what IIIIIII would be doing. :| Make him go to 24HR fitness every freaking day (lol), add a supplement here..... or there :uhoh:, and make those I-A recruiters salivate while sending him to <b>his school of choice</b> (TSU ;)).

Panthro said:
:make those I-A recruiters salivate while sending him to <b>his school of choice</b> (TSU ;)).

If that happens, NCAA would be all over 3100 Cleburne creating stuff on us. :lol:

C-LeB28 said:
If that happens, NCAA would be all over 3100 Cleburne creating stuff on us. :lol:

Get ready for the NCAA brah. He's a lock for TSU. His mom is a TSU alum :read: and dad started there but decided to go for that "limelight" (if you smell what I'm saying) and dropped out after 1 semester.

Pretty athletic kid. He's going to be a big'un. No doubt. He just turned 12 a few months ago. I would WISH that I could influence his parens. But something in the back of my mind tells me that they will be very soon mesmorized by the glamour and thought of $$$$ by recruiters. I can tell. :| I told ol' gul that she needs to be active and join the TSU NAA and she responded w/ that infamous "for what?" line. :retard: That let's you know HER stance. However, their son is smarter than the both of'em put together. :emlaugh: He's hellbent on TSU. :nod:

Back