$25 Million in Funding for Cybersecurity Education at HBCUs

LAW DAWG

TSU LOVE
Any thoughts on how all ten schools that comprise the SWAC missed out on this?

The new grant will support the creation of a new cybersecurity consortium consisting of 13 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), two national labs, and a k-12 school district.

The full list of participating consortium members are:

Virginia
Norfolk State University (lead)

Georgia
Clark Atlanta University
Paine College

Maryland
Bowie State University

North Carolina
North Carolina A&T State University

South Carolina
Allen University
Benedict College
Claflin University
Denmark Technical College
Morris College
South Carolina State University
Voorhees College
Charleston County School District

US Virgin Islands
University of the Virgin Islands

California
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory

New Mexico
Sandia National Laboratories
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ces-25-million-funding-cybersecurity-educatio

I'm guessing this was for east coast schools only? Every state listed touches the Atlantic, and Norfolk State is the lead in the consortium.

Those are national labs, not schools. They are likely guiding the research.

Ok. So what. I highly doubt it was just for east coast schools only. Jumping from the Atlantic, over the schools in the SWAC, and to New Mexico and Cali calls for a question. I want to know why at least one of our schools in this conference isn't on the list.

Ok. So what. I highly doubt it was just for east coast schools only. Jumping from the Atlantic, over the schools in the SWAC, and to New Mexico and Cali calls for a question. I want to know why at least one of our schools in this conference isn't on the list.

I also wonder why no SWAC schools were included, so we agree there. We send interns to Lawrence Livermore, Sandia, and Los Alamos every summer to work on research being conducted at those labs, so I would think we'd have some representation. Quite possibly we were purposely excluded, but for what reasons, I'd like to know.

Back