2016 SWAC Basketball Tournament

swac4life

As the tournament nears, is there a dark horse that can unseat TSU? They are pretty damn good.

If Alcorn and AAMU don't play in the tourney, that would set up a possible TSU/PV 1st round matchup. The SWAC would love to see that happen

Come tournament time, records only determine the rankings. If a "bottom feeder" gets hot late in the season, they could win the tournament. The underdog always wants to upset the higher seed and will bring their A game that day. With that all said and done, let me answer your question: no.

Last edited:
Dark Horses have defeated the top seed before, nothing is impossible especially in the SWAC.

Like that time yall bastards knocked us out the tourney after a 17-1 season lol. Dark horse is definitely Alcorn. Everybody knew sTu would be a force. We all knew SU and JSU were winning OOC games. Alcorn struggled horribly to begin the season but now sits in a 3 ways tie for second place (a player or some players must of been sitting out lol). I dont know what the heyal happened to Bama state and AAMU. I keep telling PV peeps that they dont have a bad team at all (those guys play hard).

Like that time yall bastards knocked us out the tourney after a 17-1 season lol. Dark horse is definitely Alcorn. Everybody knew sTu would be a force. We all knew SU and JSU were winning OOC games. Alcorn struggled horribly to begin the season but now sits in a 3 ways tie for second place (a player or some players must of been sitting out lol). I dont know what the heyal happened to Bama state and AAMU. I keep telling PV peeps that they dont have a bad team at all (those guys play hard).

F Texas Southern lol. I'll never forget what they did in 2004. I'll take that to the grave lol

Alcorn is the only surprise as far as top teams (positively). Most expected TSU and SU to be at the top and JSU to be improved but not Alcorn. Valley is right where we thought they would be (I said they would win 8-10 games in the SWAC this year)

Don't know what has happened with the Alabama schools.

Just stating that how they started their season and now in Swac play is night and day. I dont know what the heyal they did but it's working. This team almost lost to Blue Mountain College but now running through the Swac

First year coach had to learn who he had on the team and how he wanted to play them. It's also his 1st HC job. He and the team is still learning each other.

It'll be hard for Southern to win it because they get too aggressive on defense and will get called for it down in crunch time and if they allow a team to hang around that'll be the ultimate reason why Southern loses.

It'll be hard for Southern to win it because they get too aggressive on defense and will get called for it down in crunch time and if they allow a team to hang around that'll be the ultimate reason why Southern loses.
Very accurate on our aggressiveness (physicality) on defense.

Back