2016 SWAC Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

HORNETS!!!!!

Undefeated champions !!!!

Jagtilidie,
Smh
Po you.
Great season, can't take nothing away from your team. I never discredited them. I disagree with the one of the all time great pitcher comment. I've been around Swac baseball since the early 90's. That comment is a insult.

sTu's coach kept making his guys take the first strike and that really killed them early. ASU's pitching staff is just too consistent for an non aggressive hitting team to deal with. Once sTu started to open up and swing the bat, they made it a game.

Bama State is the bully of the SWAC until someone else steps up. They make you play at their pace and do a great job at it. Folks who know the game can clearly see flaws, but the Hornets have very good coaching and make adjustments. Bama State's pitching staff throw strikes and know how to work the plate. Camacho is far from great, but the kid throws low consistent strikes. ASU's starting pitcher was killing sTu with the fastball on a full count.

sTu left almost 25 kids on base today and lost by 2.

sTu's coach kept making his guys take the first strike and that really killed them early. ASU's pitching staff is just too consistent for an non aggressive hitting team to deal with. Once sTu started to open up and swing the bat, they made it a game.

Bama State is the bully of the SWAC until someone else steps up. They make you play at their pace and do a great job at it. Folks who know the game can clearly see flaws, but the Hornets have very good coaching and make adjustments. Bama State's pitching staff throw strikes and know how to work the plate. Camacho is far from great, but the kid throws low consistent strikes. ASU's starting pitcher was killing sTu with the fastball on a full count.

sTu left almost 25 kids on base today and lost by 2.
So going 32-1 in his past 40 games and winning Pitcher of the Year 3 years straight is far from great?

Last edited:
A lot of y'all sound REAL bitter..... You can't hate on this accomplishment. Major props to Bama State.... going undefeated during a baseball season is TOUGH. You have definitely raised the bar... not only in baseball but other other sports as well.

What some are not grasping is this team swept every conference opponent in season, in many cases thrashing them...then went through the tourney undefeated fending off a scrappy SU and worthy TSU w/o choking. Other than talent, the amount of FOCUS needed as the streak grew.... game by game, inning by inning, you have to tip your hat to that. So until somebody else has a season like this, in SWAC baseball terms for my 2¢ they're the equivalent to......

undefeated.JPG

Great season, can't take nothing away from your team. I never discredited them. I disagree with the one of the all time great pitcher comment. I've been around Swac baseball since the early 90's. That comment is a insult.
You brought up Dewan Day and mentioned him as an All Time Great. Well after doing research, I discovered that the most wins Camacho had one season is 12. The most day had was 10. The most innings pitched for Camacho was 96, the most for Day was 70. The best ERA that Camacho had was 1.94, Day's was 1.94 but keep in mind Camacho pitched more innings. This is nothing to take away from Mr Day's accomplishments but to prove that your opinion is clearly biased.

http://www3.subr.edu/baseball/Records.html

What some are not grasping is this team swept every conference opponent in season, in many cases thrashing them...then went through the tourney undefeated fending off a scrappy SU and worthy TSU w/o choking. Other than talent, the amount of FOCUS needed as the streak grew.... game by game, inning by inning, you have to tip your hat to that. So until somebody else has a season like this, in SWAC baseball terms for my 2¢ they're the equivalent to......

undefeated.JPG
I don't think anyone is taking away what they accomplished. I have a issue with that one of the Swac greatest pitcher's comment

You brought up Dewan Day and mentioned him as an All Time Great. Well after doing research, I discovered that the most wins Camacho had one season is 12. The most day had was 10. The most innings pitched for Camacho was 96, the most for Day was 70. The best ERA that Camacho had was 1.94, Day's was 1.94 but keep in mind Camacho pitched more innings. This is nothing to take away from Mr Day's accomplishments but to prove that your opinion is clearly biased.

http://www3.subr.edu/baseball/Records.html
Cador didn't pitch folks long and they played 7 innings back then. Day pitched a 1 or 2 hitter in the NCAA regionals vs #16 Southern Miss. Let's see what he does in the regional. Day had 2 or 3 no hitters and multiple 1 hit games in 03. Day also made it to the MLB level.

It's obvious you have a personal issue with it. The numbers of Camacho don't support your opinion
Looks at how many players the Swac had drafted in 03 and how high they were drafted. We will compare how many the Swac has drafted this season and how high they go.

Different era. We shouldn't compare. Both Blue and Boyd were great pitchers.
Y'all just started following baseball. To the folks that have been around, trust me, it ain't the same. We aren't trying to take away from what Bama St accomplished, but it's just not the same.

Y'all just started following baseball. To the folks that have been around, trust me, it ain't the same. We aren't trying to take away from what Bama St accomplished, but it's just not the same.
Umm but you are trying to take away from the accomplishments that are happening today. I agree it's not the same because SWAC schools are starting to invest more into their baseball programs. I guess if a pitcher in this era had an undefeated record and 10 CG's in a season that would be nothing too

You made my point. "It's just not the same". I have followed baseball for over 50 yrs. Same can be said about SWAC football and basketball.

Sting said:
So going 32-1 in his past 40 games and winning Pitcher of the Year 3 years straight

For clarity SUjag, with these accomplishments, and the side by side comparison w/Day, are you saying Camacho isn't worthy to be in the conversation "best pitchers ever to come thru the SWAC"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back