2016 Alcorn State Football Schedule

This is the conference schedule that came down from the SWAC office, they put the bye week before the SU game....call them up tell them you do not approve it.

Actually the conference don't schedule bye weeks. They only schedule the conference games. After that the schools look for games to play on all those other weekends.

I don't know why they whining about it, they always schedule a bye week before the BC.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Why does who the MEAC champ is matter? especially since we now have the Celebration Bowl...

Someone from the MEAC told me they don't want two potential champions in this game. So I have a pretty good idea that it won't be NC A&T since they won the MEAC.

I would guesstimate either Howard, Morgan State, Norfolk State or Savannah State since I don't remember any of those teams being in it the past five years (assuming SSU don't have their money games lined up already lol)

I would guesstimate either Howard, Morgan State, Norfolk State or Savannah State since I don't remember any of those teams being in it the past five years (assuming SSU don't have their money games lined up already lol)

Let's hope BCU is open.... smh

Rumor has it as Morgan State.

Texas Southern will play in the Meac Challenge in 2017 since they're the only team left who hasn't played in the game....

About Damn Time!!! Now we just need the #1 or #2 MEAC Team in the game and everything will be set.

I would though like to see if we could somehow resurrect the Atlanta Classic with Alcorn and TN State playing in the game.

The Folks in Baton Rouge are not too happy either because we get another week off before we play them AGAIN LMAO!!!!
It is NCCU's turn to play but honestly, I'd be surprised if it's not FAMU or SCSU. A&T has a FBS game at Tulsa that weekend.

Actually the conference don't schedule bye weeks. They only schedule the conference games. After that the schools look for games to play on all those other weekends.

I don't know why they whining about it, they always schedule a bye week before the BC.
Both us and Grambling do.

I'd rather it be North Carolina Central and not Morgan State. Of course Alcorn/Howard was traditionally a nice game, but I do not think they are coming out of DC like they used to.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I'm assuming Texas Southern is Alcorn's homecoming opponent? Or will the Braves do what they did this season which was schedule a Swac elite(Grambling) for their 2015 homecoming and schedule Southern as it's 2016 homecoming opponent?

I'm assuming Texas Southern is Alcorn's homecoming opponent? Or will the Braves do what they did this season which was schedule a Swac elite(Grambling) for their 2015 homecoming and schedule Southern as it's 2016 homecoming opponent?

The Texas Southern game is in the slot that Alcorn likes to play its homecming and has been for years regardless of who they are playing.

Back