2016 & 2017 MEAC/SWAC Challenge match ups announced

which 4 teams

I rather not start that in here. You can go to college database and view everyone schedule from 99 to 07.

Nobody rarely ever got four OOC games. Most scheduled three. But that really wasn't the issue.

The issue was some was not scheduling quality games that would make them money via home or away.

BTW I meant to type teams had trouble scheduling four games.

Last edited:
That won't work for most of the schools in the conference, they should have went with the 8 game schedule to make it fair and balance.

Yup. Fiyah, myself and others have shown how an 8-game conference schedule could roll. It's the simplest solution. However, the SWAC doesn't do simple solutions.

Going to be a big year in 2017. Austin Howard's senior season, plus those 3 huge home games, but let me not get ahead of myself. 2016 will be fun too.

When it comes to the 7 game mandate, some home-home series will be changed. For instance, JSU went to New Orleans in 2005 at SUs home game and then to BR in 2006 also for SUs home game. So you may or may not get Alcorn and JSU in BR that year.

Delaware State should consider moving that game to Philly

Nah.. going to Dover would be just fine. Of course, I wouldn't argue with Philly but I think that the JSU alums from NYC to Virginia would make the drive to DE. ..and considering they have a small stadium, it will be just enough of us to take over! You will also get some EAST Coast people wanting to see the BOOM in person. Im assuming the bands are a part of this deal.

When it comes to the 7 game mandate, some home-home series will be changed. For instance, JSU went to New Orleans in 2005 at SUs home game and then to BR in 2006 also for SUs home game. So you may or may not get Alcorn and JSU in BR that year.

Our games were tied in as conference rival and going to new Orleans had nothing to do with the 7 game schedule. Geesh

It's been a while since we had a game on the yard Labor day weekend.... This is going to be LARGE!

Which I think is crazy... JSU and SU should always open at home. Yet, JSU rarely does. The last time we did was vs FAMU and it didn't go well because of the storm... It was nice for the game but as I was driving... I could barely see the road. Only die-hards were coming to that one! As I was getting in my car, my fam was looking at me like... "you REALLY going to a game in a storm".? lol But this year, going to Vegas makes no sense. I don't care if we opened vs Miles College.. Hughes should have started his career in Jackson!

But these same schools will vote NO to any kind of cross division rival.

i don't agree with 8 games. I prefer 7 but for the people running our conference, we need 9. 8 just makes no sense. Give us 7 and let us schedule the teams we want. As for cross division rivals.. I assume you mean permanent rivals.... that will only cause problems pairing the Texans with the BAMAs.

Which I think is crazy... JSU and SU should always open at home. Yet, JSU rarely does. The last time we did was vs FAMU and it didn't go well because of the storm... It was nice for the game but as I was driving... I could barely see the road. Only die-hards were coming to that one! As I was getting in my car, my fam was looking at me like... "you REALLY going to a game in a storm".? lol But this year, going to Vegas makes no sense. I don't care if we opened vs Miles College.. Hughes should have started his career in Jackson!

Yea that storm was crazy. I got sick out in that rain but the game ended on a HIGH note.

Last edited:
Nah.. going to Dover would be just fine. Of course, I wouldn't argue with Philly but I think that the JSU alums from NYC to Virginia would make the drive to DE. ..and considering they have a small stadium, it will be just enough of us to take over! You will also get some EAST Coast people wanting to see the BOOM in person. Im assuming the bands are a part of this deal.

I'm just saying, if Delaware State moves that game to Philly, and hosts let's say J-State, then you have the potential to get more people in the Linc than you would lil bitty arse DSU stadium. Assuming the Boom would be there, of course. Plus, Philly is like the fourth-largest media market and has a lot of high school talent. That would be great exposure.

I'm just saying, if Delaware State moves that game to Philly, and hosts let's say J-State, then you have the potential to get more people in the Linc than you would lil bitty arse DSU stadium. Assuming the Boom would be there, of course. Plus, Philly is like the fourth-largest media market and has a lot of high school talent. That would be great exposure.

I thought they had expand their stadium?

Bruh.. i don't know about us playing in the Linc... LOL
DSU would have to pull most of the fans. This is the NE... U not gonna get a BCF following like that.
I agree, the exposure would be great but there is not really an adequate stadium here....

Actually, Morgan State prob has the biggest following in Philly. If it were them, I could see it.. but not DSU. UPenn Stadium is bigger than the Linc and Villanova's stadium is small and not worth the move... like they would let us have the game there anyway... lol

Bruh.. i don't know about us playing in the Linc... LOL
DSU would have to pull most of the fans. This is the NE... U not gonna get a BCF following like that.
I agree, the exposure would be great but there is not really an adequate stadium here....

Actually, Morgan State prob has the biggest following in Philly. If it were them, I could see it.. but not DSU. UPenn Stadium is bigger than the Linc and Villanova's stadium is small and not worth the move... like they would let us have the game there anyway... lol

The Linc holds about 15,000 more than UPenn's Stadium, but I understand your point about DSU's presence in that corridor.

Playing Morgan in Baltimore would be cool as well. I'm just outchea trying to figure out how DSU can do something in this situation.

It still holds 7,193 seats.

Very small stadium. Similar to Howard University type stadium, but they do have room to expand. And the picture below is dated 7/9/2015. Nothing on their website says anything about a stadium expansion, but the University of Delaware's stadium was recently expanded from 22,000 to just over 30,000. Maybe that's the stadium bluedog was thinking of.

epehbd.jpg

Last edited:
Yup @JAG89 UD is in Newark, Delaware right off I-95 between Baltimore and Philly. I know UD had expansions over the years.

For a conferencewide SWAC/MEAC challenge slate to be successful, the schools have to leverage regional ties and maximize those games that aren't on-paper as the "for sure big SWAC vs. MEAC" games.

Also, for those games ... home-and-home should be the first option unless there is a mutually beneficial arrangement to have the game at a neutral site.

You're 1 year off. JSU went to New Orleans for 2004 and then BR in 2005(my crab year). We played in Jackson in 2006.

Back