2015 SWAC/MEAC vs FBS Upset Chances?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Like someone mentioned earlier Manny Diaz had a lot to do with how their defense played he is gone and I don't see them having the same success. They do have their secondary coming back and linebackers but I just don't see it...Tech going 12-0? C'mon dude...Tech will try to put up points against SU, the transfer QB from Florida, (Driskell) is gonna try to prove himself to world that he's not a bust after losing his job at UF...

Oh and basebone, kill that shit about us upsetting Cal, that shit ain't happening. I don't care how sorry their secondary is. against the P5's it comes down to the trenches and we just don't have it. I'm hoping it don't get TOO ugly and we come back home with no injuries... And we still have #6 DB sorry ass back for another year.

I picked the 5 "best chance" games out of all of the HBCU vs FBS match ups. Grambling upsetting Cal is a long shot, but I do believe that the G-Men have enough fire power to score some points if we play like we want an upset. The trenches will break us, but I just hope we can show some might and fight.

Ivy is the guy. Jarin will not be playing. He is being prepared as the backup. Thats exactly what he is. Also, there is no proof that Jarin knows the system. He never played for Chang. Just because they are both Hawaii doesn't mean he knows the system.

Exactly..Ivy is our QB plain and simple (a dayum good one at that). J O is just not a fan of IVY as can be seen by his posts

Jarin is being prepared as a string backup right now. Honestly there given IVY a small edge only because they lacked the depth in Oline last year that would have helped him POSSIBLY make better decisions. So yes IVY is there guy RIGHT NOW, but JM is very competitive due to him already knowing this type offense. If anything this could be like Kent first year where he didn't start the first game but after the starting QB was pulled in the TnSU game and they put Kent in and Kent never looked back and that's how I feel Ivy and Jarin situation will be this year.

I don't think those situations are really the same. Ivy has a year under his belt. TC Taylor was only a back-up under Mark Washington before Kent replaced him as a starter in game 3.

Again folks look for JSU backup QB for the 1st game #1 OMJ is not about to waste IVY for 4 quarters on a non conf game and especially those that count towards SWAC to be able to compete and win the SWAC championship not the NCAA! Again Comegy used 2 quarters backs every year for 1st 4 games except for Casey's 2nd Year 2011! We thought that dedrick would be a great QB but it didn't work out and he was given time as well to show his skills but failed to do so!

Folks except a blow out because again MTSU is a very powerful defense! If they run easy on this defense and if their defense stops JSU offense and not due to offensive line but due to speed, we wont be upset because again they have nothing but 2 or 3 star players seriously!

So any QB can walk on at UNLV - Nope? When Ivy got tired in the 4th quarter almost every game without a break or made mistakes we didn't have another reliable QB as backup so the backup will be getting non conf games reps TRUST because if JSU lost Ivy in the first game this year due to injury who will we have and OMJ knows he would be history and so would the season so don't tell me Jarin is not ready when he sure was in the spring only missed one incomplete pass and also threw 2 TDS, also had the most pressure than any of the other QB;s he was sacked once that game and it was on the 1st or 2nd play........

Last edited:
Again folks look for JSU backup QB for the 1st game #1 OMJ is not about to waste IVY for 4 quarters on a non conf game his job is will games and especially those that count towards SWAC to be able to compete and win the SWAC championship not the NCAA! Again Comegy used 2 quarters backs every year for 1st 4 games except for Casey's 2nd Year 2011! We thought that dedrick would be a great QB but it didn't work out and he was given time as well to show his skills but failed to do so!

Tavaris, no one is going to agree with you here... LOL We are still trying to develop team chemistry here. We have a long way to go as a team. Those games vs MTSU and TNState will go a long way in getting us ready for SWAC play. On top of that, OMJ does not want to look any worse than he already does. No way we just lay down for MTSU. If Jarin gets out there, that means we are getting blown out.

Tavaris, no one is going to agree with you here... LOL We are still trying to develop team chemistry here. We have a long way to go as a team. Those games vs MTSU and TNState will go a long way in getting us ready for SWAC play. On top of that, OMJ does not want to look any worse than he already does. No way we just lay down for MTSU. If Jarin gets out there, that means we are getting blown out.

LOL... I Agree Wholeheartedly!

Again folks look for JSU backup QB for the 1st game #1 OMJ is not about to waste IVY for 4 quarters on a non conf game and especially those that count towards SWAC to be able to compete and win the SWAC championship not the NCAA! Again Comegy used 2 quarters backs every year for 1st 4 games except for Casey's 2nd Year 2011! We thought that dedrick would be a great QB but it didn't work out and he was given time as well to show his skills but failed to do so!

Folks except a blow out because again MTSU is a very powerful defense! If they run easy on this defense and if their defense stops JSU offense and not due to offensive line but due to speed, we wont be upset because again they have nothing but 2 or 3 star players seriously!

So any QB can walk on at UNLV - Nope? When Ivy got tired in the 4th quarter almost every game without a break or made mistakes we didn't have another reliable QB as backup so the backup will be getting non conf games reps TRUST because if JSU lost Ivy in the first game this year due to injury who will we have and OMJ knows he would be history and so would the season so don't tell me Jarin is not ready when he sure was in the spring only missed one incomplete pass and also threw 2 TDS, also had the most pressure than any of the other QB;s he was sacked once that game and it was on the 1st or 2nd play........
I agree with you about Jarin. I don't know why people feel he not ready. Do you honestly think Chang went and got a QB that's not ready.! Yeah Ivy will start but if he doesn't perform then I feel the coaches know they have a solid backup which is good. Honestly I feel we all doing all this talking about who gone win and loose but I personally feel JSU is going to go out there and handle business.

I agree with you about Jarin. I don't know why people feel he not ready. Do you honestly think Chang went and got a QB that's not ready.! Yeah Ivy will start but if he doesn't perform then I feel the coaches know they have a solid backup which is good. Honestly I feel we all doing all this talking about who gone win and loose but I personally feel JSU is going to go out there and handle business.

If we see Jarin, that will mean that Ivy is injured or the team is losing. We don't want to see Jarin.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Moree Kawa.. that's how you pronounce it needs to play some in the second half if not the entire 4th QTR....

If we see Jarin, that will mean that Ivy is injured or the team is losing. We don't want to see Jarin.
Calm down. I'm not gone say I don't want to see Jarin because we don't know yet but Jarin might have a edge on Ivy and he might not be worth shit. You never know. So I can't say I don't want to see him. What if in reality Jarin does perform better than Ivy. I'm all for who ever has the best performance. That's one thing I did like about Rick Comegy he would always play the best QB even if that meant a 2 QB system. I see most on here are Ivy fans no matter what but I'm for who ever wins the job whether it's Ivy or Jarin. I'm not stuck on names I'm more into overall performance. He'll even if Brent was still in the race, if he won the job then I would be down for him. Again whoever wins the battle. The theme for the fall camp is called "Get your spot". I can respect that theme.

Moree Kawa.. that's how you pronounce it needs to play some in the second half if not the entire 4th QTR....

He probably will play because we gonna be getting BLOWN OUT but he won't play a whole quarter. If somehow, it's close, he won't play at all.

Calm down. I'm not gone say I don't want to see Jarin because we don't know yet but Jarin might have a edge on Ivy and he might not be worth shit. You never know. So I can't say I don't want to see him. What if in reality Jarin does perform better than Ivy. I'm all for who ever has the best performance. That's one thing I did like about Rick Comegy he would always play the best QB even if that meant a 2 QB system. I see most on here are Ivy fans no matter what but I'm for who ever wins the job whether it's Ivy or Jarin. I'm not stuck on names I'm more into overall performance. He'll even if Brent was still in the race, if he won the job then I would be down for him. Again whoever wins the battle. The theme for the fall camp is called "Get your spot". I can respect that theme.

I am not necessarily an Ivy fan but I am a realist. OMJ has already stated that Ivy will be the QB. Last year, no other QB stood a chance even when OMJ was first hired. Ivy was hurt and didn't have a spring but OMJ said Ivy was his QB and that was the end of it. OMJ does not believe in two QB systems and they never worked under Comegy. Remember that debacle vs Delta State when they kept rotating Oliver and Rutland? There is a saying that if you have two QBs, then you don't have one. I think that is what OMJ believes. He SAID "we are going to put a saddle on Ivy and ride him." I am just being real with you and letting you know that by order of the Head Coach, there will NOT be a QB battle. The only way we see another QB is if Ivy really fuks up or he gets injured.

Not to butt in, but JSU folks wouldn't it be better for y'all to discuss your opinions on the JSU QB battle in your group? lol

Some of these people are not in our group... We don't have an open door policy like the Jag forum.
Well y'all continue on then.

714.gif

I am not necessarily an Ivy fan but I am a realist. OMJ has already stated that Ivy will be the QB. Last year, no other QB stood a chance even when OMJ was first hired. Ivy was hurt and didn't have a spring but OMJ said Ivy was his QB and that was the end of it. OMJ does not believe in two QB systems and they never worked under Comegy. Remember that debacle vs Delta State when they kept rotating Oliver and Rutland? There is a saying that if you have two QBs, then you don't have one. I think that is what OMJ believes. He SAID "we are going to put a saddle on Ivy and ride him." I am just being real with you and letting you know that by order of the Head Coach, there will NOT be a QB battle. The only way we see another QB is if Ivy really fuks up or he gets injured.
You play Jarin 1. to see what he has to offer with live action.. Even if it's vs MTSU's second string. 2 to save Ivy for The next 10 games if the rush is too much for the Oline to handle and 3 you play him to get him some reps for the what if moments...

I don't see any upsets because of the same problem we have with larger schools every year.....DEPTH!!!!

Jarin will play vs mtsu I think even if only for a series. I've watched him since his arrival to jsu. He's extremely accurate and cerebral but doesn't have the arm strength to throw a 70 + yard bomb. He was slightly flustered under pressure in the spring, I have no idea how he'll adjust to game speed, especially since we are playing an fbs team. He'll make some errors I'm sure. I honestly think lyles would've played some this year.

Back