2015 SWAC Indoor T&F Championship

DallasCowboyGirl

The Olympian
Congratulations to the Tigers of Texas Southern (Men) and the Hornets of Alabama St. (Women) on winning this years Indoor Track & Field Championship...

Men:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - The 2015 Southwestern Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championship was awarded to the Tigers of Texas Southern University Sunday afternoon at the Birmingham Crossplex. TSU ended the day with a total of 128 points. This marks their seventh victory in the league championships.

Clyde Duncan from Texas Southern University was presented the 2015 Men's Indoor Coach of the Year award.

Grambling State Tigers placed second with 124 points. Prairie View finished third with 85 points. Rounding out the final standings include: Mississippi Valley (64), Alabama State (62), Jackson State (57), Southern (29), Arkansas-Pine Bluff (29), Alcorn State (21) and Alabama A&M (18).

http://www.swac.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27400&ATCLID=209902253

Women:

For the seventh consecutive year, Alabama State University Lady Hornets captured the 2015 Southwestern Athletic Conference Indoor Track and Field Championship title. ASU finished the afternoon with a total 221 points. Alabama State has now won 11 conference championships since 1976.

Your women's 2015 SWAC Women's Indoor Coach of the Year was awarded to Alabama State University's Ritche Beene.

Texas Southern Lady Tigers finished in second place with a total of 94.50 points. Coming in third place was Grambling State Lady Tigers with 75 points. Rounding out the final team standings included: Southern (67), Prairie View (55.50), Arkansas-Pine Bluff (46), Alcorn State (35.50), Mississippi Valley (14), Jackson State (12.50) and Alabama A&M (3).

http://www.swac.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27400&ATCLID=209902250

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Whattttt....Track is still a sport? I thought they only ran every 4 years. Lol...In all seriousness, congrats to my tigers.

No you don't.
I remember a few years ago, some of us where criticizing the direction of the program under Kim Seals. I could be wrong but I thought I remember DCG defending her. I couldn't understand why. I thought maybe she knew something about Kim that we didn't know like she has some hidden magic or something.

1405024770-ed22ced2b212fa11ab52d3494dbc074f.gif

lit7.gif

giphy.gif

CONGRATS Lady Hornets...
trackandfield4.gif

I remember a few years ago, some of us where criticizing the direction of the program under Kim Seals. I could be wrong but I thought I remember DCG defending her. I couldn't understand why. I thought maybe she knew something about Kim that we didn't know like she has some hidden magic or something.

You are correct I did defend her then and I stand by that defense today...What I recall telling you then and it remain the same today is that you can not have one coach (man or woman) running 4(M&W Cross Country, M&W Track & Field) and not give them some full time paid assistants grad asst is not enough nor do they know enough...Finance the program and you will get results...Damn what part of that don't you guys understand!

Reactions: J C
You are correct I did defend her then and I stand by that defense today...What I recall telling you then and it remain the same today is that you can not have one coach (man or woman) running 4(M&W Cross Country, M&W Track & Field) and not give them some full time paid assistants grad asst is not enough nor do they know enough...Finance the program and you will get results...Damn what part of that don't you guys understand!

She's over both men and women's? No paid assistants? Grad Assistants? Well, that AD either doesn't like her or doesn't give a damn about track & field period!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
She's over both men and women's? No paid assistants? Grad Assistants? Well, that AD either doesn't like her or doesn't give a damn about track & field period!
Nall he just has no clue at what he is doing. He sucks and is puppet for the administration.

Back