2015 National HBCU Baseball Champions

FAB5

Alabama State University, in the “large school” division and Winston Salem State University, in the “small school” division capped off memorable regular seasons on the baseball diamond by being crowned Historically Black College and University (HBCU) National Champions by the polling committee at Black College Nines.

http://blackcollegenines.com/?p=2833

biyKdG6iL.gif

so what do you get for this? does it help with recruiting? to me stuff like this is pretty much useless. the only benefit is to point out that black people still play baseball, but otherwise it means absolutely nothing and I know its not bama states fault, but the goal is to win an actual national championship and make everybody else eat it. wish the hornets could have finished off florida state down there and i personally would love it if next years schedule had a match up with clemson so I could be there to see the hornets or any of the swacs good teams beat them. now that they have elevated past jax state and troy, its time to move past south alabama and auburn in in-state baseball supremacy.

That's debatable. We did win more games than them and we won our division. Both teams beat the same number of OOC teams.
They won their division and had more impressive OC victories. Also the tournament proved the west was the stronger side.

Alabama State University, in the “large school” division and Winston Salem State University, in the “small school” division capped off memorable regular seasons on the baseball diamond by being crowned Historically Black College and University (HBCU) National Champions by the polling committee at Black College Nines.

http://blackcollegenines.com/?p=2833

biyKdG6iL.gif
This Hornet thing is amazing. This school still find ways year in and out to get it done.
biyKdG6iL.gif

The Black College Nine Has Spoken!

School Conference Record Previous
1 Alabama State University SWAC 30-17 1

2 Norfolk State Unversity MEAC 26-14 2
3 Jackson State University SWAC 30-23 3
4 Texas Southern University SWAC 26-16 6
5 AlabamaA&M University SWAC 26-29 5

6 Univ of Arkansas at Pine Bluff SWAC 25-16 4
7 Florida A&M University MEAC 20-23 7
8 Southern University SWAC 17-22 8
9 Savannah State University MEAC 20-31 9
10 No.Carolina Central University MEAC 19-30 10

Alright for the swac taking 4 out of the Top 5

Congrats Bama St!

I just hope our bats can stay sharp for regionals.

Baseballamerica.com has us going to Fort Worth

This is hilarious...not to knock Alabama State, but how can they be "National Champs" and Texas Southern won the SWAC Tourney.

And NCCU, who didn't even qualify for the MEAC Tourney is ranked in this pole...they need to burn this and try again

The Black College Nine Has Spoken!

School Conference Record Previous
1 Alabama State University SWAC 30-17 1

2 Norfolk State Unversity MEAC 26-14 2
3 Jackson State University SWAC 30-23 3
4 Texas Southern University SWAC 26-16 6
5 AlabamaA&M University SWAC 26-29 5

6 Univ of Arkansas at Pine Bluff SWAC 25-16 4
7 Florida A&M University MEAC 20-23 7
8 Southern University SWAC 17-22 8
9 Savannah State University MEAC 20-31 9
10 No.Carolina Central University MEAC 19-30 10

Alright for the swac taking 4 out of the Top 5

That would be 5 or the top 6. (po UAPB.. 2dapernt don't recognize ya'll.. lol)

Even in football they wait until the other team (if close ) finish in the tournament before they have a final vote.

Their system is flawed for several reasons IMO.

1) The win against Cal was earlier during the season

2) Cal isn't even in the polls anymore and will be lucky if they get a bid

3) ASU didn't get out of the first round of their own tournament

Back