2 shot at Texas Southern student housing, 1 dead

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
HOUSTON, TX (RNN) - A shooting at an apartment complex on the edge of the Texas Southern University left one dead and another wounded Friday, according to police.

Houston police said on Twitter that a possible suspect had been detained.The shooting happened at the University Courtyard apartments, one of the school's residential communities, according to its website.

"Shooting was reported about 11:30 a.m.," police tweeted. "It does not involve an active shooter."

The shooting is the third reported this week on or near the university campus - another alleged shooting took place in the same area around midnight.

An on-campus shooting took place around 10 p.m. Tuesday; one man was shot and hospitalized. Texas Southern police have been investigating the incidents.

I thought you might be interested in this story: 2 shot at Texas Southern student housing, 1 dead, http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/30226636/reports-of-2-shot-at-texas-southern-student-housing

Sent via the WAFB News Android App.

Download the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raycom.wafb

Just saw this on the wire a few minutes ago.

I sincerely hope the foolishness doesn't find its way to Waller county and challenges our kids' welfare there. This is homecoming weekend so... what trash rapper is being invited to campus this year to perform for them? smh

The block is hot down there. this is like the 3rd shooting and second murder on TSU's campus this semester.

Among the new security measures is an 11 p.m. curfew, the addition of more patrol shifts and a mandatory sign-in and sign-out policy at all student housing and dormitories.

They should've instilled this a long time ago, considering the access to/fro campus by outsiders. smh

yeah but the shooting happened in broad daylight. I'm just curious about how a curfew can be enforced in the city. They're gonna have to have exemptions.

I'm not sure how the curfew deal will work. It'll be a logistical nightmare to enforce.

What I find god awfully peculiar is how open sTu's campus is to outsiders and how closed uofh is w/ the fence surrounding their campus and they have what I thought were cameras just about everywhere about their campus. The most positive outcome from this negative situation is that sTu revisits its security measures to ensure the safety of all students/faculty/admins.

I'm not sure how the curfew deal will work. It'll be a logistical nightmare to enforce.

What I find god awfully peculiar is how open sTu's campus is to outsiders and how closed uofh is w/ the fence surrounding their campus and they have what I thought were cameras just about everywhere about their campus. The most positive outcome from this negative situation is that sTu revisits its security measures to ensure the safety of all students/faculty/admins.
UH isn't closed at all. What fence? I'm at UH all the time.

I KNOW I saw fence adjacent Scott and also on another street (forgot the name). It didn't look as "open" as you're claiming.
-Fence surrounding stadiums/stadium parking
-Fences at apartment complexes (same at TSU)

Rest of the campus is wide open

Im going to Houston for the first time (SWAC Championship)... will I be able to drive through Texas Southern campus. Ive never been there or PV before.

It's my understanding that a 22 y/o Jartis LeBlanc was arraigned on Sunday morning w/ a 50,000$ bond in the shooting incident charged w/ aggravated assault w/ a DW and murder.

The 2 victims that were shot were half-brothers and the shooting occurred due to an argument over a pickup game of basketball a day before the shooting.

Back