NCAA Firings. Hirings and Retirings 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Gibbs to FAMU makes sense but he's going to need to win over Rattler Nation as soon as that introductory press conference.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
At least Hines has some coaching experience. He was the HC for San Antonio's USFL/XFL team last season. Not saying that'd be the best hire, but at least he ain't just been sitting at home bored and all of a sudden has developed a desire to be a HC.

Shit, we been set back for the last 60-70 years. What’s another 4…? I think that’s the mindset of these stupid board of regents
Yes. Just when my homegirl Priscilla Slade was President. Being a CPA, she came in and got the financial records in shape. Spent some money on home furnishing without getting board approval. they said they would probably had approved seeing their is no Presidential home provided. A few were made because she did not come to Master first. All they had to do was talk with her and say, next time come to us first. Well, we know what happened afterwards.

:-|

I'll throw jabs @ sTu but this right here, all of this, the entire fiasco going on in the media w/ sTu and its inability to locate and hire a qualified head football coach, that shit is beyond embarrassing. smh

Dude was 3-7 as a head coach. They might as well go get hue jackson
That was his first and only season as a HC. Alotta coaches first years ain't all that great. But he's been coaching in different capacities for the last 6 years.

Hue Jackson has had multiple seasons as a HC for multiple teams and has failed everytime. Big difference.

:-|

I'll throw jabs @ sTu but this right here, all of this, the entire fiasco going on in the media w/ sTu and its inability to locate and hire a qualified head football coach, that shit is beyond embarrassing. smh
I'm announcing my interest in the head coaching position now as well.

My qualifications:
  • Armchair quarterbacking weekly watching NFL since 1992
  • Experience calling Offense/Defense/Special Teams since Madden 95
  • Took Texas Southern, University of Alaska, Montana, and Texas Humans from unknown programs to D1/FBS National Championships in NCAA Football '98 to '14
  • I'm willing to take the role at 100k and pay for the best assistants
I feel I'm overqualified, but I'm here to bring a title home for those TSU Tigers!

My qualifications:
  • Took Texas Southern, University of Alaska, Montana, and Texas Humans from unknown programs to D1/FBS National Championships in NCAA Football '98 to '14
I feel I'm overqualified, but I'm here to bring a title home for those TSU Tigers!
TSU Board of Regents: Nelson....Nelson....any one know a Nelson? Is their any chance that first name is Willie? If so when can you start? Board Signs contract!

That was his first and only season as a HC. Alotta coaches first years ain't all that great. But he's been coaching in different capacities for the last 6 years.

Hue Jackson has had multiple seasons as a HC for multiple teams and has failed everytime. Big difference.

Right

At least Ward has been actually coaching compared to Reed, Johnson, etc

My qualifications:
Eddie Murphy Lol GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Sorry if I missed it...........but what was the reason given for rejecting McNair?
That's the odd part if you end up hiring him anyway after wasting a month - will they ever say what they exactly were looking for and realized what they wanted wasn't worth it to begin with

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
That's the odd part if you end up hiring him anyway after wasting a month - will they ever say what they exactly were looking for and realized what they wanted wasn't worth it to begin with
Well their is plenty of blame to go around. Texas has requirements that must be met to hire a state employee. These hiring guidelines are intended to prevent discrimination, nepotism, and all the other shady hiring practices for state jobs.

After his interview at tsu McNair went back to Alcorn and openly said he had not spoken to tsu about the HC job. A week passes no acceptance from McNair. Word is he's negotiating with Alcorn. TSU reopens hiring process. A week later he left Alcorn and was tsu's pick. The board said wait ✋🏿 didn't we just reopen the search? Didn't he say publicly he didn't talk to tsu? Mr. AD what kind of Tom foolery are you pulling here. Are you trying to get tsu sued? Let us see your search process. Okay, McNair was here. Why did McNair lie? Was he trying to use tsu to get more money from Alcorn? Mr. AD, we don't like the way you allowed this to get messed up. Hold our beers, we'll show you how to really screw up the process.

And the circus 🎪 marched onto 3rd ward.

So now WHEN..I mean if McNair is named HC their is no doubt tsu performed an exhaustive national search for its next Head Football Coach.

Just my opinion as an outsider trying to peek in the windows.

Last edited:
If you want who you want you can do an emergency hire and only post it for 5 days if that - you can avoid the circus -
If that didn't happen then it should tell you something. The board has an athletic committee. From the looks of it, it has taken some time for them to get on the same page about everything in order to move forward. It seems they were united in stalling the process for further due diligence, but uncertain and not in unison about which direction to go in.

Last edited:
If that didn't happen then it should tell you something. The board has an athletic committee. From the looks of it, it has taken some time for them to get on the same page about everything in order to move forward. It seems they were united in stalling the process for further due diligence, but uncertain and not in unison about which direction to go in.
Seems like the board consistently attempts to undermine any type of (football) positive gains sTu desires. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back