Prairie View A&M Makes Case For At-Large FCS Playoff Bid

Prairie View doesn't have much of a shot of getting in the postseason.

What hurts their chances is a 39-point loss to Texas State (the 9th-place team in the Sun Belt) and scheduling Faith College. The Panthers only win of note was over Alcorn. But the Braves aren't even ranked in the FCS poll and have 7 others receiving votes compared to PV's 1.

If an HBCU were to get an at-large bid that does not include Grambling, NCAT or Alcorn State, it probably would be Bethune Cookman. They received 183 votes in the last FCS poll.

It's a ludicrous idea to write such an article

First Four Out: Eastern Washington, Towson, Southern Utah, Western Carolina

With Bryant losing to Sacred Heart, next Saturday’s St. Francis, Pa. at Duquesne winner-take-all contest will decide the NEC regular-season title as well as the conference’s automatic berth in the FCS playoffs. In the Patriot League, Colgate stopped Lehigh four times in the final minute to earn a 49-42 victory that gives the Raiders that league’s auto bid.

The ultra-competitive MVFC playoff picture cleared with Youngstown State losing to North Dakota State. That means the league will likely just get four bids: Illinois State, South Dakota State, North Dakota State and Northern Iowa. Everyone else in the league has at least five losses and are out of the picture.

Youngstown’s loss helped The Citadel, which lost to Chattanooga, but is still a playoff at-large possibility. Meanwhile, Eastern Illinois helped its cause with a 23-21 victory over Tennessee-Martin that likely eliminated it from playoff consideration. That means next week’s contest between Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Illinois could decide an at-large berth for the OVC.

The Big Sky is as jumbled as ever with Montana walloping Eastern Washington. That win keeps the Grizzlies’ hopes alive while Portland State held on against Southern Utah for a huge victory.

The CAA is up in the air as far as the playoff teams go and the number. William & Mary and JMU likely punched their tickets with victories, but Richmond fell to Villanova and that was a big loss. Towson’s loss to the Tribe hurt, while New Hampshire beat Albany Saturday night. William & Mary meets Richmond next week while Villanova and JMU tangle. Both games are huge as the possibility exists that there could be a three-way tie for first place after next weekend.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/12169

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

"If PV makes the playoffs, don't you know how pissed many of those MEAC posters would be!".......
-------
Why would the MEAC be mad? We have been wondering what the heck is wrong with the rest of the SWAC not named Grambling or Southern.
LOL. The SWAC has allowed themselves to be absent from NCAA competition all over the Bayou Classic. It's selfish. Sure...they give everybody some money but.....c'mon.
I actually attended JSU game against W&M when they went to the playoffs. The Tigers had a lot of pro talent on that team and yet they were slaughtered. Coaching.
Which is something many of our schools are truly afraid of.. Getting out coached!! When tend to blame is all on facilities. LOL.

Anyway....Only Grambling can get ranked and that's because of their name. Not because of their talent. Jackson State used to get ranked when their President was on the football committee. But not anymore. The MEAC has two teams that are ranked. BCU has a shot at it....which still makes us look stupid. We send our best team to a mythical Black College Champ game and send our SECOND best to compete against the best in the country. What a joke we are in BCF.

Don't waste your time routing for PV.....btw, Now I hear the Bayou isn't even on NBC anymore. We have our 1 game national network quota and it's the Celebration Bowl now. LOL

I Hope Alcorn wins the SCG and Celebration Bowl and PV gets the At-Large Bid.

It is time we killed this "Big 3" Mentality in the SWAC. It is 2015, not the 1990s. Before we as a conference can go forward, we must eliminate this mindset.

I Hope Alcorn wins the SCG and Celebration Bowl and PV gets the At-Large Bid.

It is time we killed this "Big 3" Mentality in the SWAC. It is 2015, not the 1990s. Before we as a conference can go forward, we must eliminate this mindset.
LOL...No you didn't say that! OMG....What in the hell do you think a Celebration Bowl is? Try 1950. But, I do agree that the rest of the SWAC needs to rise up against your pimps. GSU SU and I suppose JSU. This whole brainwashing they've done to ya'll about the insignificance of the playoffs is selfishly driven by that Bayou Classic. Which I do understand. Just wonder if the rest of you SWACers understand it. No telling how good HBCU football would be if the SWAC was out there banging it out with the best over the last 25 years. But.....

PV ain't getting a bid. Hell....ya'll don't won't a bid anyway.

"If PV makes the playoffs, don't you know how pissed many of those MEAC posters would be!".......
-------
Why would the MEAC be mad? We have been wondering what the heck is wrong with the rest of the SWAC not named Grambling or Southern.
LOL. The SWAC has allowed themselves to be absent from NCAA competition all over the Bayou Classic. It's selfish. Sure...they give everybody some money but.....c'mon.
I actually attended JSU game against W&M when they went to the playoffs. The Tigers had a lot of pro talent on that team and yet they were slaughtered. Coaching.
Which is something many of our schools are truly afraid of.. Getting out coached!! When tend to blame is all on facilities. LOL.

Anyway....Only Grambling can get ranked and that's because of their name. Not because of their talent. Jackson State used to get ranked when their President was on the football committee. But not anymore. The MEAC has two teams that are ranked. BCU has a shot at it....which still makes us look stupid. We send our best team to a mythical Black College Champ game and send our SECOND best to compete against the best in the country. What a joke we are in BCF.

Going to the FCS playoffs makes no fiscal sense what so ever.

Going to the FCS playoffs makes no fiscal sense what so ever.
You are so right. Makes no fiscal sense for any of the 18-22 teams that participate. None. But.....That's not what's it's about. It's about putting on our pants the same way everybody else does. The SWAC wants us to put on our pants the way they do.

Look the SWAC has been doing their thing for 30+ years. Where is the payoff? What has it done for your talent pool? What about money? Where are your dominate teams?
Where is the exposure? You guys let GSU and SU brainwash you into thinking HBCU's not being "included" means we are getting rich on the other side of the rainbow.
LOL. We are not!!! You must be from GSU or SU. The pimps!!!

This game is being played to satisfy the egos of the SWAC followers. We're all Black so we must do everything alike.

those media driven polls voted on by media in respective areas...if you don't fight for your own, then who will?

That's the main point of this. The SWAC will have a 8-2 (not counting the Faith win) team just sitting around doing nothing after Saturday so why not push for it? I'm thoroughly surprised by how much push back this has got on Facebook. I said from the jump the chances are slim but every time it comes up and people are pushing it on Facebook and Twitter, you got the naysayers saying we have no shot. You got these SoCon, Southland, NEC and MVC schools pushing their 5-6, 6-5 and 7-4 teams for bids but we poo poo'ing a 9-2 PV for even attempting. This is not for just this year but next year and especially 2017 when the 7 game format comes back and the chances to play and beat these schools come back. Imagine if a 8-3 PV beats a Southland school like NSU and a MEAC in 2017 but doesn't make the Celebration Bowl? Their resume would definitely say they have a shot at the playoffs.

Back