Getting to know Alonzo Lee

Didn't know he was Odom's boss in the MEAC. He seems to be ok but only time will tell. I'm just glad he went back to the 4-3 instead of that sorry 3-4 defense we were playing last year.
The players seem to like him and he seems to know his craft.

Interesting post; I have been waiting to hear some direct comments from Lee about his coaching philosophy and approach to working with and developing the players. He appears to be someone who believes in instilling discipline among his players as well as a coordinator who will be able to make early in-game adjustments if necessary.

Lee brings with him a reputation for putting together the fiercest and stingiest defenses in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision.
Over his career, Lee has proven that defense does indeed win championships. Lee has won seven MEAC Championships at four different schools over his 27-year coaching career. At two of those schools - North Carolina A&T and Hampton - Lee served as the defensive coordinator. In five out of the last 13 seasons, Lee's defenses have led the MEAC in total defense.

Around this time Burroughs was complaining about the dbs and how we were thin at DL because javancy and ted were LBs. I think Lee knows football. I liked that he said we'd be attack style.

Yep Burroughs was too stupid to realize he needed to focus on a defense he had the players to run. And all that unnecessary subbing. sound defense is all we needed. Solid and sound.

Last edited:
Also, I think Lee fits HJ's style and comfort level more. Lee is coming across as a Teacher without all the noise!

This may not mean much but he taught Odoms and su's OC what they know today. So if sorry Odoms can do what he's done with less than decent talent at su, one can imagine what Lee can do at JSU with more than decent talent.

This may not mean much but he taught Odoms and su's OC what they know today. So if sorry Odoms can do what he's done with less than decent talent at su, one can imagine what Lee can do at JSU with more than decent talent.

SU and talent don't belong in the same sentence.. smh

And with Chingy Chang and Ivy with one solid year up under their belts, it's gonna be HELL to pay. Ivy threw for over 3K yards. Now since he has a very good idea of the offense, imagine what he's going to do THIS year.

Back