Age of Death................

Dr. Sweet NUPE

Kellis posted that her Grandmother died at age 103. I posted that it was a blessing to live that long. I hope Kellis didn't take offense to my comment because I can fully understand her hurt. My brother passed away in 1994 and he was 28, and my father was diagnosed with Cancer 5 months after my brother died.

Ok, here's the topic; Do you think it is a blessing when someone passes away at a very old age like mid 90's to low hundreds?

I do....the reason is because these people have seen so much. Some of them have outlived their children, and they lived long enough to have touched OUR generation. I know any death is sad but what do you think?

It is a blessing to die and go to Heaven when all of your work on earth is complete. When we run the race that God wants us to run and He says Well Done, there may not be any reason for God to let us to stay on earth to avoid being missed by family and friends.

Of course, some purposes are longer than others. Could be a day, could be 100yrs. God always knows best.

Terrence

i'll have to make this quick (change of classes)

my father died when he was 37 (cancer)

my mother died a year ago today from cancer (she was 53)

neither left us "empty-handed"

they led full lives and they left us valuable lessons...legacies...

they taught me how to enjoy life, how to smile, how to be happy, how to fight for what is right, how to stay strong, how not to back down, how to be brave, how to have class, how to have grace, how to believe, how to never give up, how to love

thus, in that regard, it is US that have been blessed

and I thank God for that

Originally posted by tt

It is a blessing to die and go to Heaven when all of your work on earth is complete. When we run the race that God wants us to run and He says Well Done, there may not be any reason for God to let us to stay on earth to avoid being missed by family and friends.

Of course, some purposes are longer than others. Could be a day, could be 100yrs. God always knows best.

Terrence
Amen tt...,

You know when a child is sometimes born, I am shaking my head cause I am thinking about the things it is going to have to go through. When a person dies (such as one that has been a Christian Warrior in life), I am really happy for them because they will have rest and peace forever.

Back