Southern University Band 2013 Halftime Show vs Houston

bernard

THEE Realist
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IAmJNzIix9Y?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Solid performance SU...but please get rid of the dudes that dance in front of the band...it's not 1988 anymore and it's pretty cheesy :emlaugh:

Hey I gave you all props...great show...but that's just wack to me

I understand what you are saying, but most HBCU bands do a lot 70's or 80's type stuff, such as 75% of their halftime show consist of dance routines with a lot of pelvic thrusting and dropping it like it's hot, basically pole dancing type moves. It's really embarrassing when it is done on National T.V. in front of the POTUS in the Presidential Inauguration Parade.

I saw the video in the link below to be very racist, but it really shows how others see most HBCU bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqxJ7uZytI

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but most HBCU bands do a lot 70's or 80's type stuff, such as 75% of their halftime show consist of dance routines with a lot of pelvic thrusting and dropping it like it's hot, basically pole dancing type moves. It's really embarrassing when it is done on National T.V. in front of the POTUS in the Presidential Inauguration Parade.

I saw the video in the link below to be very racist, but it really shows how others see most HBCU bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eqxJ7uZytI

I'm not saying it's coonish and hood...I'm just saying it's dated...It'd be cool if they updated the moves just a little bit and kept it fresh(unless of course you're playing a song from the 80s in which it would seem to fit)

Dude, that's been years ago. su seems to be keeping the tradition alive though.

You again on yet ANOTHER SU thread........

As long as the guys aren't wearing spandex and doing dance team routines (like y'all twirler) I can careless.

We do not have a male twirler...anytime we disagree with something you talk about our school. What's wrong with yall??? Anyway, how does the band SOUND?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
.I'm just saying it's dated...It'd be cool if they updated the moves just a little bit and kept it fresh(unless of course you're playing a song from the 80s in which it would seem to fit)

But the only thing about this is that there are not any new dance moves out there to be used that can be seen good from a distance. The dances of the 80's had all the moves with your hands, feet and body.

Those guys coming out dancing is not so bad but I think they should have cut it short and let the whole band dance at some point. That was kinda shady.

Says the person who's band normally keeps a male twirler.........:lol:

Jax do you live in the past just like SU band...Jeeze man. JSU been beating you so bad that you happy about one win in the past 5 years. JSU actually hasn't had male of female twirlers for a while now...New material is needed my friend...

Back