ASU/JSU game to be shown live on Comcast South

mighty hornet

The HMIC!!
ASU vs JSU (Jacksonville State Univ., that is :D.
:D

The Alabama State University football home opener in the New ASU Stadium against Jacksonville State will be televised live on Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS), the network announced today.

The game time will remain at 5 p.m. on August 31 in the season opener for both teams.

CSS is a regional sports cable network, broadcasting in 12 states in the southeastern United States in more than 5.5 million homes.

"Big game on a big station," said Alabama State head football coach Reggie Barlow of the home opener in the inaugural season at New ASU Stadium being televised live. "It's very exciting for our program and our University. It's always a blessing when we have the opportunity to tell our story on live television."

For the second consecutive season, all Alabama State football home games will be shown either on television or online.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Get Em Bama State! You have the talent to give them the business and have them at home.......

ASU vs JSU (Jacksonville State Univ., that is :D.
:D

The Alabama State University football home opener in the New ASU Stadium against Jacksonville State will be televised live on Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS), the network announced today.

The game time will remain at 5 p.m. on August 31 in the season opener for both teams.

CSS is a regional sports cable network, broadcasting in 12 states in the southeastern United States in more than 5.5 million homes.

"Big game on a big station," said Alabama State head football coach Reggie Barlow of the home opener in the inaugural season at New ASU Stadium being televised live. "It's very exciting for our program and our University. It's always a blessing when we have the opportunity to tell our story on live television."

For the second consecutive season, all Alabama State football home games will be shown either on television or online.

Trying to get there in person

You beat me to this. I am loving this exposure. #myASU is, primarily, a liberal arts school with stellar programs in media and communications so it's about time we start marketing ourselves in that manner. With the #1 hbcu theatre program in the country, a great athletics dept, renowned music program, top of the line facilities, and etc. IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE PUBLICIZED/Sell this UNIVERSITY!! Be sure to catch those BEAUTIFUL and SENSATIONAL STINGETTES ON THE VMAS sun at 8 central!

Last edited:
Maybe if you have Comcast and their sports pack.

Not sure about DTV.

well you can't get it unfortunately. Its not one of the channels and, you can't even stream it through your internet provider. Guess I'll have to settle for the radio broadcast.

You beat me to this. I am loving this exposure. #myASU is, primarily, a liberal arts school with stellar programs in media and communications so it's about time we start marketing ourselves in that manner. With the #1 hbcu theatre program in the country, a great athletics dept, renowned music program, top of the line facilities, and etc. IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE PUBLICIZED/Sell this UNIVERSITY!! Be sure to catch those BEAUTIFUL and SENSATIONAL STINGETTES ON THE VMAS sun at 8 central!

If the crowd is anything like the Tuskegee game, it will look some nice on TV. I don't know if it's the lighting or what in that stadium but it has a good look on TV.

If the crowd is anything like the Tuskegee game, it will look some nice on TV. I don't know if it's the lighting or what in that stadium but it has a good look on TV.
Yea. I hope so. With the crime rate in Montgomery alot of people are a little leery about coming, but those family tickets are a hit. My dad is going to the game for the first time in 10 yrs because he said, and I quote, "Damn I get all that for $100. Can't beat that. " lol cheap old man.

doubt it.
It is a regional broadcast.
Just the southeast like Fox Sports South or Fox Sports Northeast would do. :tup:.

I notice while surfing through my channels the other day that Fox Sports now have Fox1 and Fox2. I read a few months back that they were going to try to rival ESPN. It will be interesting to see what their football package will look like.

Yea. I hope so. " With the crime rate in Montgomery alot of people are a little leery about coming," but those family tickets are a hit. My dad is going to the game for the first time in 10 yrs because he said, and I quote, "Damn I get all that for $100. Can't beat that. " lol cheap old man.

BSS, that's the first time I've heard about Montgomery's crime rate being a factor. If that was the case, no one would ever attend the MCC. Actually, the city's overall crime rate is at it lowest level since the 1960s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
BSS, that's the first time I've heard about Montgomery's crime rate being a factor. If that was the case, no one would ever attend the MCC. Actually, the city's overall crime rate is at it lowest level since the 1960s.

You're right. Thanks for the correction. I meant the homicide rate. There are still too many. You may disagree but 10 by the end of January is too many. Got to turn this thing around.

Last edited:
I notice while surfing through my channels the other day that Fox Sports now have Fox1 and Fox2. I read a few months back that they were going to try to rival ESPN. It will be interesting to see what their football package will look like.

Fox1 use to be the Speed Channel and Fox2 use to be the Fuel Channel. Both are usual in the sports tier on most cable systems and you have to pay extra for them. For them to compete with ESPN they will need to get in the basic tier.

ASU will have 11 of their games streamed or shown on someone's cable neywork.

Fox1 use to be the Speed Channel and Fox2 use to be the Fuel Channel. Both are usual in the sports tier on most cable systems and you have to pay extra for them. For them to compete with ESPN they will need to get in the basic tier.

ASU will have 11 of their games streamed or shown on someone's cable neywork.

I glanced at their line up and noticed a lot of auto and off beat sports programming. We'll see what they will do in the future. I did read though some months ago that they plan on competing with ESPN.

Fox Sports 1 debuts Saturday, takes aim at ESPN

Looks like FS1 and FSN will carry Big 12 and Pac 12 games. I did notice FS1 has Tulane vs. LA. Tech which is one that I would like to watch....

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013-14-college-football-tv-schedule-regular-season-and-bowls/

I also notice Fox Sports & FS1 will be carrying:

Louisiana's John Curtis H.S. vs New Jersey's Bergens Catholic 9/6
Louisiana's John Curtis H.S. vs Florida's St. Thomas Aquinas. 9/13
(Man I like this!!!). :lol: :emlaugh:
ESPN2 will carry:
New Orleans' St. Augustine vs. River Ridge (LA) John Curtis 10/2

Good Stuff!!!

Last edited:
They will be carrying the SWAC banner against Tuskegee in week 1 and South Carolina State in week 2

Jrock we will be in the boot next week to play gram...

week 2 Skegee in the 4th Annual Louis Crews Classic

week 3 we will be in Orangeburg South Carolina to take on our President's old school and alma mater South Carolina State ..he actually has one of the biggest dorms in the state named after him...

Orangeburg-20110826-00054.jpg

Jrock we will be in the boot next week to play gram...

week 2 Skegee in the 4th Annual Louis Crews Classic

week 3 we will be in Orangeburg South Carolina to take on our President's old school and alma mater South Carolina State ..he actually has one of the biggest dorms in the state named after him...

View attachment 2328

Yes, I made the edit. :lol: :emlaugh: The Grambling game was so dark on AAMU website until I overlooked it.

Good job Hornets......I really hope they expand Hornetvision to basketball and baseball......I was in Montgomery today, the campus really looks great, probably the first time in a long time there's no construction.....

You're right. Thanks for the correction. I meant the homicide rate. There are still too many. You may disagree but 10 by the end of January is too many. Got to turn this thing around.

Yep, this year's homicide rate is ridiculous. It has not been this high since the 1970s. It appears to be a national trend with our young black men going crazy killing each other. I wish I had the answer but I don't.

Yep, this year's homicide rate is ridiculous. It has not been this high since the 1970s. It appears to be a national trend with our young black men going crazy killing each other. I wish I had the answer but I don't.

Me neither bruh, but in.a more positive note. That new Robin Thicke video just aired. Be sure to check out the STINGETTS. They really represented #myASU well. We not taking about no few seconds. They were throughout the entire vvideo.

Back