Help the Band Look Its Best: Sponsor A Uniform!

That's not a bad idea. I wonder if any SWAC bands would pull something like this off.

Not a bad idea at all.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The idea came from AAMU. We did it last year for our new uniforms!!!

Hol'up Cee... Are you sure yall did it first??? You know the Jags'll come in here saying they did it under Greggs back in the day.... Remember, they were the FIRST to do everything 'band'....

:D:D

Can we implement this at Jackson Sate?

For a $250 donation, alumni, parents, and friends of the band can sponsor a new marching band uniform and keep the Band looking its best.

Sponsor’s names are engraved on a new plaque that is displayed at the Band Building.

To sponsor one or more uniforms, visit the Webstore or contact the band office for details.

http://www.ndband.com/general/help-the-band-look-its-best-sponsor-a-uniform/

Jackson State did this in 2006:

Tigerpride said:
uuuum also, IF this person is a dues paying member they should have got the e-mail soliciting $250 from 1000 alumni for new band uniforms.

http://www.tspnsports.com/forums/showthread.php?52066-Boom-Alumni-Stand-Up&

Hol'up Cee... Are you sure yall did it first??? You know the Jags'll come in here saying they did it under Greggs back in the day.... Remember, they were the FIRST to do everything 'band'....

:D:D

Uh homeboy. Under Doc. The Jukebox got our uniforms paid in full from outside sources. So no need to something like that. Now we have a Jukebox Alumni Association sanctioned by the SU National Alumni Association. But make no mistake, the black man did many things first before others. Lol.

This type of idea is not new and AAMU was not the first to do it. Bands have done this for all kinds of things. I know we (PV) did it for new chairs in the band hall several years ago. It is a good idea to get your alumni from specific organizations to help sponsor getting equipment to those organizations.

Well, Jackson State should have utilized this idea years ago.

Those old, raggedy, dirty and mismatched uniforms they wear are an embarrassment to HBCUs everywhere.

This type of idea is not new and AAMU was not the first to do it. Bands have done this for all kinds of things. I know we (PV) did it for new chairs in the band hall several years ago. It is a good idea to get your alumni from specific organizations to help sponsor getting equipment to those organizations.

No where did I state we were the first to do it. That is only JSU and SU people who believe things like that.

Here you go CEE DOG. I guess this is an another example of which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Sorry you didn't comprehend that statement well, but that says they got it from us, not that we were the first. :idea: FAMU says people got the fast march from them, but they were not the first to do it.

Back