MVSU'S Burwell taunting the Prez

ATLBRAVE

AtlBrave
:lmao::lmao:Dunno if this was a wise thing to do the most powerful man in the world.....

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Frivals.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fcollege-basketball%2FCollege-player-taunts-the-President-1103188&vid=28612191"></iframe></dMississippi Valley State guard Kevin Burwell learned a hard lesson Tuesday night that taunting the leader of the free world brings nothing but trouble.

Early in the second half of the Devils' "first four" game against Western Kentucky, Burwell dribbled to the corner where President Barack Obama and his guest, British Prime Minister David Cameron, were taking in the game and jacked up a 3-pointer. When the shot found the bottom of the net, Burwell turned to the president and taunted him.

Not a smart move with Secret Service hovering, but Burwell was responding to Obama's halftime comment that both teams were "shooting terribly." To Obama's credit, the two teams had combined to shoot 24 percent for the first half.

However, what Burwell didn't know at the time was that simple taunt would kick off a MVSU downward spiral than no one could have ever predicted. Even though Mississippi Valley State jumped out to a 16-point lead, Western Kentucky whittled away at it in the final five minutes and ultimately won the game 59-58.

After Burwell made that fateful shot, he scored four points, but had three turnovers, a missed layup and three missed 3-pointers, including one with three seconds remaining that would have won the game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...burwell-taunts-president-obama-205221218.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Man didn't W. Kentucky have a losing record coming into the Tourney? If so, then what does that REALLY say about SWAC basketball? Our best conference team, who ran through almost everybody in the conference, and wins the SWAC title goes on to lose a 15 pt lead and ultimately the game to a team with a losing record? SMH. Really though, what happened Valley?

Man didn't W. Kentucky have a losing record coming into the Tourney? If so, then what does that REALLY say about SWAC basketball?

I think Western Kentucky's run is a reflection of how bad the Sun Belt is as opposed to the SWAC.

I think Western Kentucky's run is a reflection of how bad the Sun Belt is as opposed to the SWAC.

The same Sun Belt conference that had teams with better records than the SWAC? The same conference that still has teams playing in the post season?

WK won 6 straight games going into last night's game. Mind you all those 5 of those wins were by 4 or less points.

Experts aren't going to say it's a bad reflection of the Sun Belt but proof that the Sun Belt was tough conference for their own teams to play in.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-13/western-kentucky-wins-ncaa-opening-game-before-obama-cameron

The Hilltoppers rallied from a 16-point deficit with 4 minutes, 51 seconds remaining, marking the biggest margin overcome by a team in the final five minutes in the tournament’s history, according to the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

I think the SWAC needs to worry about this before worrying about the Sun Belt.

This young mans story is trending all over the world.

MississippiValleyState.jpg

Man didn't W. Kentucky have a losing record coming into the Tourney? If so, then what does that REALLY say about SWAC basketball? Our best conference team, who ran through almost everybody in the conference, and wins the SWAC title goes on to lose a 15 pt lead and ultimately the game to a team with a losing record? SMH. Really though, what happened Valley?

Valley was doomed for a loss like this when you start to look at their last few conference games. They beat PV and TxSu on last second shots then lost to UAPB and then got another 3 point win over Jsu. Then in the championship game they were up by 20 and just barely beat TxSu by 2 points. If you add all of that up you could see it coming. They had no answer for the pressure defense and just kept turning the ball over and missing shots.

What in the hell would make you do something so dumb a to taunt the President?

WAFing dumbazz :banghead:

Android the "Peoples Champion"... take Note

I didn't see it as a taunt to the president. He hit a shot right in front of the president and just basically brought attention to him about doing it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
As the announcer said....teams who press do not like to be pressed.

Valley was doomed for a loss like this when you start to look at their last few conference games. They beat PV and TxSu on last second shots then lost to UAPB and then got another 3 point win over Jsu. Then in the championship game they were up by 20 and just barely beat TxSu by 2 points. If you add all of that up you could see it coming. They had no answer for the pressure defense and just kept turning the ball over and missing shots.

I didn't see it as a taunt to the president. He hit a shot right in front of the president and just basically brought attention to him about doing it.

I agree. The president has played enough basketball with blacks to understand the gesture. However, for the President to say both team were shooting terrible didn't do much to build confidence in the young players.... a better statement such as "their shooting is a little off" or "they might be a little nervous". It is not too much to consider that both teams were somewhat nervous playing in front of two world leaders.

One cannot disagree that both teams were shooting terrible but sometimes the obvious need not to be stated. I wonder if Ohio State or Kentucky were shooting terribly if that would have been stated so clearly by our beloved President? ....just a thought

So let us cut Burwell some slack and make sure we vote for Obama in the fall.

I agree. The president has played enough basketball with blacks to understand the gesture. However, for the President to say both team were shooting terrible didn't do much to build confidence in the young players.... a better statement such as "their shooting is a little off" or "they might be a little nervous". It is not too much to consider that both teams were somewhat nervous playing in front of two world leaders.

One cannot disagree that both teams were shooting terrible but sometimes the obvious need not to be stated. I wonder if Ohio State or Kentucky were shooting terribly if that would have been stated so clearly by our beloved President? ....just a thought

So let us cut Burwell some slack and make sure we vote for Obama in the fall.
Huh?? Confidence? Confidence?

This looks like confidence to me:

bilde

:confused:

I'm glad "he" said it cause if it was me, I would have gave them a 15 minute speech on "SWACball" and the terrible fundamentals of not only them shooting, but rebounding, shooting FTs, etc...

I didnt see it as taunting nor did the annoucers see it as taunting...
Also the Players didnt here the comment of the president so that comment had nothing to do with anything, plus he was telling the truth...
Valley was way better then these cats, but didnt take the ball inside until well until the run that got them up, then they started jacking 3s.
Jacking 3s is something you see all through the SWAC... valley would have been up 20 in the first half if they would have forced fed Cox down low

Back