Hampton U sends letter to NCAA selection committee

icey23

The letter mentions Hampton's RPI of 63, better than some higher-seeded teams, and a comparably better road record (13-3) and strength of schedule (271). The letter cites teams such as Navy, a 15th seed despite an RPI of 184 and strength of schedule of 278, and No. 12 seed San Diego State, with an RPI of 93 and a strength of schedule of 306, among others. The letter also includes a chart comparing HU's credentials with 12 other schools, seeded from 15th to 12th.
http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sport...g/2012/03/hu_sends_letter_to_ncaa_select.html

The NCAA straight did HU wrong!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Glad they are standing up for themselves. You have to let these folks in KKK land know how you feel.

Is anybody EVER happy with the selection committee? LOL. I thought I read somewhere were an undefeated team was slotted as a No. 16 seed on the women's side back in the day. I guess the selection committee is the gift that keeps on giving.

Is anybody EVER happy with the selection committee? LOL. I thought I read somewhere were an undefeated team was slotted as a No. 16 seed on the women's side back in the day. I guess the selection committee is the gift that keeps on giving.

Also, just keep on screwing the HBCU's!

Taught 'em how to read......they dun screwed up

The letter mentions Hampton's RPI of 63, better than some higher-seeded teams, and a comparably better road record (13-3) and strength of schedule (271). The letter cites teams such as Navy, a 15th seed despite an RPI of 184 and strength of schedule of 278, and No. 12 seed San Diego State, with an RPI of 93 and a strength of schedule of 306, among others. The letter also includes a chart comparing HU's credentials with 12 other schools, seeded from 15th to 12th.
http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sport...g/2012/03/hu_sends_letter_to_ncaa_select.html

The NCAA straight did HU wrong!!!

It makes a big difference because if they receive a 13 or 14 seed it would be much easier to beat a Purdue or Miami than it would be to beat a Stanford or Baylor.

I know this'll never happen, but I'd like to see this happen..... There are 34 automatic bids to the tourney. Take those 34 and rand them 1-34. Then rank the 'at large' bids 35-68. You'd have some ridiculously interesting matchups. But that'll keep the smaller conference champs from always having to play in the 'play-in' games....

Just my $0.02

I know this'll never happen, but I'd like to see this happen..... There are 34 automatic bids to the tourney. Take those 34 and rand them 1-34. Then rank the 'at large' bids 35-68. You'd have some ridiculously interesting matchups. But that'll keep the smaller conference champs from always having to play in the 'play-in' games....

Just my $0.02

That sounds good, but coaches from BCS conferences will argue that they would are being punished for playing in a tougher league compared to their mid-major counterparts.

Its Funny that this issue hasnt hit the national media Yet, I see hampton coach is going to be on the Urban radio or what ever they are called today

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
That sounds good, but coaches from BCS conferences will argue that they would are being punished for playing in a tougher league compared to their mid-major counterparts.

Doesn't this sound like college football tho? :lol: (Yada yada tougher conference... yada yada whine and cry on ESPN.... yada yada get in BCS title game without winning their own conference :lol: )

Get in and not only win, but DOMINATE:shame::shame::shame:

Would ONE SEC loss make you guys happy or would you need a string?

Last edited:
Back