1979 Zeta Nu KKPSI Flashback: Revelation

ChicagoJag

In the spirit of "KKPsi Flashbacks", I thought this might be good for some laughs. If I recall correctly, this picture was taken after church -- about a week into our pledge period. That would be February of 1979 ... a long, long time ago.

Kappa Kappa Psi, Zeta Nu Chapter
"Revelation" - Initiated March 17, 1979

pledgingkky.jpg

From Right to left ...

1) Michael "Orbit" Greer (RIP)
X) Edward Green (Dropped)
2) Gordon Johnson
3) Mark "Mudd" Hopkins
4) Not pictured: Treandous Mondy
5) Brandon "Cognac" Jarrett
6) Not Pictured: Henry "Jethro Bodine" Lee
7) Derrick Warren
8) Bernard "Pillsbury" Bryant
9) Bobby Ross
10) Darrell "Darth Vader" Emanuel
11) Dwayne "Cylon" Dixon
12) Not pictured: Gregory "Iron Man" Harrell

Kneeling: Big Brother Darrell "Kool Breeze" Saulsby (DP)

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Chicago Jag,

I was a junior Spring 79 and I know Darrell, Kool Breeze! I recognize many of those dudes! My Jukes are Andrew "Lil Pete" Sanchez and his LBs. I have a photo of them when they did their probate show. Gotta search for it after the first of the year.

Thanks for the memories! :tup:

Chicago Jag,

I was a junior Spring 79 and I know Darrell, Kool Breeze! I recognize many of those dudes! My Jukes are Andrew "Lil Pete" Sanchez and his LBs. I have a photo of them when they did their probate show. Gotta search for it after the first of the year.

Thanks for the memories! :tup:
That's funny -- I didn't know you and I were Jags at the same time.

I talk to Darrell ALL the time -- he's been in Detroit since he left SU. I am also in contact with Sanchez on a pretty regular basis. To this day, something in me always wants to call him "Big Brother Sanchez!"

Small world!

Ah, Frat? Y'all were some bell bottom and vest wearing blue notes, huh?

That's that doggoned "Gangsta PSI"!

Zeta Nu's official nickname. LOL. All them 70s cats were some cool mofos.

You remember those Gangsta Psi shirts we would get made at the bookstore. Tiny would hook us up. That silk screen was first made back in the 70s.

That's funny -- I didn't know you and I were Jags at the same time.

I talk to Darrell ALL the time -- he's been in Detroit since he left SU. I am also in contact with Sanchez on a pretty regular basis. To this day, something in me always wants to call him "Big Brother Sanchez!"

Small world!

Sanchez is my classmate. We were at SU 1976 to 1980. I was Junior Class President and ran for SGA President the year Tony Norman won, 79-80. I was also friends with Leon Leaper and was on the Pan Hellenic Council that voted to allow your frat on campus. I'm an AKA.

Yes indeed it is a small world! We have several classmates that live in the Chicago area...Shantley, Lesia, Bessie.

No -- I named the names from right to left ... "Orbit" Was Mike Greer -- #1 on the line

I see you have RIP by Michael Greer's name. Was he from Chicago and played the clarinet? I didn't know he passed away. If that's the same person, him and my older brother were good friends.

I see you have RIP by Michael Greer's name. Was he from Chicago and played the clarinet? I didn't know he passed away. If that's the same person, him and my older brother were good friends.
You have the right Michael Greer -- he went to CVS. I understand he's been gone for over 10 years now.

Sanchez is my classmate. We were at SU 1976 to 1980. I was Junior Class President and ran for SGA President the year Tony Norman won, 79-80. I was also friends with Leon Leaper and was on the Pan Hellenic Council that voted to allow your frat on campus. I'm an AKA.

Yes indeed it is a small world! We have several classmates that live in the Chicago area...Shantley, Lesia, Bessie.
Small world, indeed. I remember when Tony Norman ran for SGA. My KKY Frat Brother Ken Turner ran that same year also.

Speaking of Leon Leaper, I was just hanging out with him. This past October, we celebrated the 30th Anniversary our chapter and Leaper came down. Check out the graphic below -- there's a VERY YOUNG Leon Leaper in that pic!

We ran this as a full page ad in the Digest during Homecoming weekend.

homecomingad.jpg

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I love to see photos of old school Frats!!

Thanks CJag!! :tup:

The second frat from the left is looking real serious!

WOW!!! Ny yall was CLEAN AS HELL in that pic! :nod::clap: And this was Feb '79, that was a month before I was born. :scared: :)

Probably so. But I was just going by what you said on "second from left in the picture" and not order of height/line number.

Okay Soror...you're confusing me now. :lol:

Wouldn't the second from the left be #10 or #11 and not Edward Green(dropped)?

I love to see photos of old school Frats!!

Thanks CJag!! :tup:

The second frat from the left is looking real serious!

Back